Why can’t I lose this stubborn fat?!!

Why can’t I lose this stubborn fat?!!

Postby Naya92 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:06 pm

Hey everyone!
I’ve been on an on and off again weight loss journey since last January. I first started with just tackling what I ate I literally cut out all junk food soda and juice and was eating home cooked meals like brown rice broccoli and chicken breast. I even counted calories religiously in my fitpal app even gum! I lost 10 pounds from that (Jan-April) but developed a very unhealthy relationship with food and feeing guilty. This feeling scared me and I went off of my diet and ate whatever again from May to August

In August I felt ready to try again I knew not to go all extreme and brought a workout program online and did it for 21 days, and tried calorie counting with less stickiness. I didn’t really lose more than 3 pounds and my inches went down maybe 2 to 3 all around. In October I tried another workout plan I found on Instagram but it was for the gym which I was terrified of but I did it for about 5 weeks until I got sick and never went back since. I didn’t really notice a change in weight but I also didn’t change my diet. I just really want to lose weight I’ve gained 40 pounds in the last 5 years when I met my bf I was 120-125 now I’m 163 and I’m only 5’0 so it’s very noticeable.

I want to go back to the gym and clean up my eating but I’m afraid to develop an unhealthy relationship with food and with feeling guilty if I eat something sweet once in a while. I’m prediabetic, the cartilage in my knees are wearing out I have to wear a knee brace from time to time. I’m always tired and out of breath and I work with little ones so I can’t be in this bad shape with this type of work.

I just don’t know what will work I feel like I’ve tried so many things and nothing has gotten the weight off. I also don’t want to live on broccoli, brown rice and chicken breast for the rest of my life.

Any advice?
Naya92

Re: Why can’t I lose this stubborn fat?!!

Postby Wolves2018 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:14 pm

Have you tried the keto diet?
Wolves2018

Postby daisies123 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:21 pm

Wolves2018 wrote:Have you tried the keto diet?

The keto diet is not healthy. I know someone who was doing it very religiously. It gave her pancreatitis and nearly killed her. I know someone else who is on it and has been sticking to it very closely, and he's sick~his body can't handle it. When he's'allowed' to eat he can't, because by then he feels too sick and his body can't digest the food properly. There is way too much fat and protein in that 'diet' to do anyone any good. You may lose weight, but you'll gain it back as soon as you go off the diet. And it's definitely not one that you can do longterm.
daisies123

Postby Wolves2018 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Ohh
Wolves2018

Postby Babycat72 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:05 am

I was little i have always been heavier and growing up I’ve tried diets, and exercise, and it’s the same thing where I stop exercising and dieting because I don’t see a change in weight or anything so I get disappointed and stop. But recently I’ve started to semi fast during the day and then at night eat a normal dinner. Or eat a normal brunch and then have a snack for dinner and on top of exercising. I lost 3 pounds. It may not be safe for anyone to do this, I’m not a dr but it works for me, obviously if you are hungry you should eat, the only reason I started this is because I’m an overeater and an emotional one as well. And I eat healthy snacks but small portions throughout the day and then eat a healthy dinner. So I’m not like starving myself. But for me it’s been easier to control what, and how much I eat. Also it seems like cutting off junk food especially for me doesn’t help at all because once I do and then I don’t have it for a few weeks and then I do finally have some I mess up and over eat it, so maybe not cut it completely out of your diet, but eat a piece of chocolate here and there. But limit on how much you eat.
Babycat72

Postby Leilani4128 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:27 pm

Is there a reason why you're terrified of the gym?
Fad diets come and go but if you don't educate yourself you will always cycle through same patterns. Weight loss is not just losing inches and pounds, it is literally a full on emotional, mental, physical transformation... for some even spiritual.
Drop the weight loss programs and invest in a compassionate trainer who can customize macros and strengthening to your specific needs. Losing weight is slow. You should never go hungry. Be patient. It is a whole lifestyle overall. Surround yourself with support from every angle in your life. Goodluck!
- Leilani
Struggled with obesity
Trainer in"training"
Leilani4128

Postby Rav1996 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:49 am

Hello ladies
I am in the same situation. I am 5’ 6” and weigh 150lbs. I am desperately trying to loose stubborn belly and back fat. I am literally living on water and small meals. I watch what I eat. I cut off all sweets and soda.
I exercise regularly. I do sit ups, crunches, leg lifts , treadmill etc and it’s still hard to loose the problem areas.
Any ideas on what else to try?
Rav1996

Postby flopsy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:34 pm

3 Liters of water daily
flopsy

Postby Rav1996 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:16 am

Does that really help? To me, I find it makes me gain weight. I will try it though. I normally drink water with lemon or acv and sometimes both.
Rav1996

Postby jadechinx » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:08 am

Hi,

I read the post someone wrote about keto and while it's not for everyone I lost 20 pounds in a month talk to your doctor n do your research. I don't beat the bullet proof coffee or the bacon n salt on everything...I usually eat grilled fish salads, baked chicken, air fried chicken, veggies, califlower everything lol and steaks, and drink lots of lime and mint water. I think most ppl who get sick do the lazy kind of keto oh and did I say my hunger has suppressed so much, I have tons of energy, and my confidence is increasing
jadechinx

Next

Return to Fitness & Weight Loss