Saggy skin

Saggy skin

Postby Aide_Diaz2010 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:27 am

I weigh 184 lbs and my height is 4'11" . I would like to lose at least 30 lbs. Family members have been putting me down. Saying i will have saggy skin. I carry most of my weight on arms and upper back. Is there a way i can avoid saggy skin? Im 22 years old.
Aide_Diaz2010

Re: Saggy skin

Postby flopsy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:40 am

Aide, haven't heard from you in a long time! How have you been? You little girl must be getting big by now. Sorry I don't know about the saggy skin, but I wanted to say hi and bump your post up. Hopefully someone else has some advice on that.
flopsy

Postby Aide_Diaz2010 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:16 pm

Heeeey! Yeah, its been a while. Ive been good. Just trying to lose some weight. And my daughter will be 3 in March. She's actually tiny for her age lol. Shes going to be short I guess...
Aide_Diaz2010

Postby flopsy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:28 pm

Three already! How time flies! I have to lose weight too. It can be so hard though. ??
flopsy

Postby daisies123 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:19 pm

Hey ladies, sorry to bust into your little reunion. :lol: Just here to give a couple suggestions to OP and then I'll get on out of here.

That's awesome that you want to lose weight! Good for you! Best way to avoid saggy skin is to: 1) lose weight slowly. Don't try some fad miracle diet that claims you will lose 5 lbs/week. It might work but you're definitely going to end up with that saggy skin and you're more likely to gain it back later. Aim for 1-2 lb weightloss per week. And 2) do some upper body exercises while losing weight. Buying 1 lb dumbbells and using those a few minutes a day will help to tone your arms and upper body so the skin shrinks as you lose. Just Google simple exercises and try to work them in 1 or 2 times a day. Doesn't have to be extensive~you just want to keep those muscles moving.

In 2009 I lost 60 lbs in 9 months. And I never had saggy skin afterwards. I didn't actually do exercise while losing, but my job kept me active, so it helped tremendously. Now I'm trying to lose weight again, but this time I'm doing a walking workout video (it's T-Tapp Posture Power Walk if you're interested) along with my change in eating habits. I'm losing weight (slowly but surely) and losing inches, so I'm toning instead of just losing fat. I'm doing the exercises this time because I now only work 1 day/week due to having twins 2 yrs ago and wanting to be a stay-at-home mom.

Best wishes on your weightloss journey! You can do it if you put your mind to it!! ?

Back to you, ladies! :wink:
daisies123

Postby flopsy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:25 am

No worries daisies! I had just wanted to say to Aide. She used to use the forum a lot a few years ago; I still remember her pregnancy journey although it's been almost 3 years now. Always nice to see "long lost" members again.

I have to lose weight too after my baby comes.
flopsy

Postby daisies123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:47 am

Wow! You have a great memory, with as many members that are on the forum!!

As far as losing weight goes after your Sweet Pea arrives, I've read recently that the Mediterranean diet is the best (and healthiest) to do. I don't think it's supposed to be very difficult, and it's something your whole family can easily do. Pretty much it's just clean eating, with whole grains instead of processed/refined. When I lost those 60 lbs previously, I was on the 'Carbohydrate Addict's Diet'. You keep carbs out of your diet for 23 hrs, and for 1 hour you eat a balanced meal with carbs~you can even have dessert every day~I did. I did the diet (technically just a lifestyle, because you can do it indefinitely) for 11 months. Would have been on it longer but I saw a new ob/gyn that told me I had PCOS (had no idea!), and told me to go on a diabetic diet (again, just a lifestyle, really). It was so easy to switch at that point because I was already used to having fewer carbs. I'm back to doing the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet for now, until I can get down to my desired goal, and then I'll probably go back to the diabetic diet. I just need to care again, now that life is a bit easier with my twins. :wink:

Sorry for rambling, ladies! :lol: Just thought I'd share what worked for me. :smile:

Welcome back to the forum, Aide!! ?
daisies123

Postby flopsy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:35 pm

Interesting diets! What is a diabetic diet? No refined flours, sugars? Lots of vegetables, (no potatoes) fruits, and meats?
flopsy

Postby daisies123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:13 pm

Yes, that's essentially correct. It's low calorie, usually around 1200/day, and it's balanced meals throughout the day. Breakfast is about 300 calories, with 30-45g of carbs, snack of about 100-150 calories and 15g carbs, lunch 300 calories and 30-45g carbs, snack of same, dinner of same, and maybe a small snack before bedtime. It keeps your blood sugar levels from dropping or spiking. Which means your body is using the natural insulin it produces and doesn't turn it to fat. It's just healthy eating habits that everyone should be doing anyway. ?
daisies123

Postby flopsy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:47 pm

It would be nice if my Fitbit would track calories and carbs too. :wink: I have to keep my sugars from spiking. I have learned no white flour!
flopsy

Next

Return to Fitness & Weight Loss