Intermittent fasting

Intermittent fasting

Postby Biibii_93 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:21 pm

I am currently 24 years old and looking to lose weight. During the holidays I gain a good amount of weight and I’m starting to feel heavy. I am not good at keeping up with diets, but I currently stumble with intermittent fasting. I get 16hours of fasting & 8 hours open for eating ( healthy eating and within the calories your body requires). I am starting this tomorrow and hopefully I’ll be able to see some progress and feel less heavy.
Wondering if anyone else here has try this before? Or have some tips for me?
Biibii_93

Re: Intermittent fasting

Postby Grace33 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:19 pm

Hey! Yes, I am doing about the same thing. I have noticed a good improvement in health. My fiance and brother have read a lot on it and it seems very reasonable to do. Make sure you eat enough food and the right food during your eating window. I wish you the best!
Grace33

Postby MereB81 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:23 am

Hubby and I started doing a 2 day fast each week but fell off the wagon at the start of December when I started baking Christmas gifts. We normally eat a healthy diet but oh my goodness those cookies were too hard to resist and all the eating with friends just threw the routine out.
I’m starting again today!
2 days of a maximum of 500 calories for me and 600 for him. It was great while we were doing it last time and pretty easy as far as diets go. You can eat normally but sensibly the other 5 days and keep it to just a small dinner on the two fast days. Or you could spread it out across the day or eat it all at lunch etc.
Fast days don’t even have to be consecutive. I find it too hard to restrict every day and since it’s about net calories saved getting all 2000 done over two days is awesome for me. Plus the added health bonuses like resetting blood glucose and dropping cholesterol and ageing hormone levels of course.
Bring it on 2018!!!!!!!
MereB81

Postby Les_butler1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:29 pm

I'm thinking of not eating for 2 days as well and then eating the 3rd . Is it possible to loose weight without excerise?
Les_butler1

Postby Biibii_93 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:32 pm

Glad to hear I’m not the only one on the struggle with this. Lol update on me: I have noticed that I feel less bloated & don’t get the craving to snack on junk food like I used to. Hopefully I can keep it up. Only thing I’m having a hard time with is finding food healthy meals I can make that don’t require a long time. Any suggestions?
Biibii_93

Postby Linnzy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Have you tried LowCarbHighFat or a Ketogenkc diet?
It’s super easy and healthy. Take a look at dietdoctor.com

Some loose weight fast some take longer, I have hypothroid sonit take a longer time for me, bit lost 2 kg in two weeks now.

First tine i tried it I lost 15kg in 8 months.

And you can do 16:8 fasting with this too.
Linnzy

Postby MereB81 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:52 am

Les, yes you can lose weight without exercising.
Eating fewer calories while maintaining your normal activity level will lead to a calorie deficit and weight loss. It’s just a case of calories in vs calories out. If you eat fewer than your body uses each week your body will dip into its fat stores for the extra calories it needs. Exercise is great for your health and regular exercise is shown to boost your metabolism and base metabolic rate as muscle burns more calories at rest than fat does but it’s certainly not essential for weight loss.

Edit to add: oops forgot to update on me this week. 1kg down. Hoping for more after Monday/Tuesday’s fast.
I take my children for a walk most evenings too. It’s a 3.36km route. They ride bikes or scooters and I walk, it’s hard to keep up with them.
MereB81

Postby MereB81 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:05 pm

Biibii I’m glad you’re noticing some changes. As far as quick food I find anything egg based is nice and quick. Omelettes, scrambled, boiled etc. quiche can be made and frozen in individual serves and reheated with some salad when you want it.
Canned fish is a great and easy quick meal. Try Salad Nicoise.
Turn it into fish cakes or stir through pasta with some pesto, fresh baby English spinach and cherry tomatoes.
Cold roast beef from the deli makes a great stand in for steak with some salad or vegetables. Add some salsa and black beans, avocado, tomato and corn and you’ve got the start of a taco style salad without all the fuss of cooking. The internet and Pinterest are full of healthy and quick dinner ideas.
MereB81

Postby Biibii_93 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Thank you all! I will definitely look into the suggestions given to me by you all. I’m also really glad to hear you guys are noticing a different too. As for working out I also tried to collaborate some sort of workout into my day. I have also been checking on Pinterest for some recipies. Very helpful. I have notice the times I have the hardest time keeping up with the fearing 16/8 is during the weekend when my family is home and they eat early or late at night. I’m still working on keeping up with my routing during those days. Hope to keep getting updates from you all :)
We got this!
Biibii_93

Postby MereB81 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:09 am

It can be tough to stick to diets when others who aren’t following it with you are involved.
Today for example, it’s raining and it’s school holidays so my kids are bored so I’m baking them a little treat. Being a fast day I can’t eat it and for once I am happy to be allergic to dairy. I made their treat with butter and milk so I won’t be tempted otherwise I KNOW I’d sneak a slice or two.
Good luck.
MereB81

Next

Return to Fitness & Weight Loss