Aganthosis nigiricans - dark neck/armpit

Aganthosis nigiricans - dark neck/armpit

Postby Chloelove » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:16 pm

No idea how to spell this. Anyone has this? I never cut my hair short. I am not dirty. I bathe 3 times a day. I scrub with the loofa till they turn red with no significant changes. I heard this is insulin resistance. But i am not diabetic. I have done blood test n have been monitoring them daily. I am fat infact have been fat my whole life. At 18 i lost half my weight but i remembered my neck still showed the dark layer of ugly embarrassing skin patches. 10 years down the road i kind of just live my life with it. Never cut my hair above shoulder length. Never worn an off shoulder dress. Never tie my hair up on normal days. During exercise i make sure i wear collared tshirt to hide my neck since i will tie my hair. I feel shy to even let my husband kiss my neck. He didnt care but i feel shame. I feel so dirty. I really hope somebody can help me. I try all sorts of cream even chemical peel but none work. I guess i have to lose 20kilos???? This problem has given me so much stress n made me lose my confidence.
Chloelove

Re: Aganthosis nigiricans - dark neck/armpit

Postby Pita4224 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:28 pm

I get that problem when I'm pregnant I've been on my worst weight and had that I got on a strict diet lost over 80 lbs and my skin is perfect. If you drink soda or coffee your skin won't get any better drink nothing but water and you'll start seeing results.
Pita4224

Postby Mao » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:57 pm

I heard this happens when you are overwheight but that does not make sense ! I am so very underwheight and been very slim my whole life but my neck and armpit and also my knees always have been darker than especially my neck very dark while my skin is light . It may be a genetic thing since i see this in my sibilings although my mom does not have it.
I am used to it. Just accept it because it is not an ugly thing really it is not that bad ! Once you learn to love your body these things do not matter!
Hope you come to love your body and accept it ??
Mao

Postby Wendy22 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:15 am

I have deal with the same issue all my life i hate it as well. You can try lemon do this at night before showering cut 2 lemons in half and rub them on your neck cut the edges so it wont hurt its going to turn red and might hurt or burn a little but trust me its worth it . You will see how your neck starts to get a lighter tone . Rub but dont over do it otherwise the next day it will burn and hurt to even touch . Once your done rubbing the lemons wash it of with warm water more cold than anything and try . IT MIGHT IRRITATE YOUR NECK A LITTLE Then apply regular face lotion like PONDS or my Favorite NIVEA AND TRY YOUR BEST TO KEEP AWAY I REPEAT AWAY FROM LIGHT OR SUN ON YOUR NECK UNTILL IRRITATION OR REDNESS GOES AWAY . I wear a scarf even when its sunny out , try this well i dont promise its gonna go away and your neck is not gonna get dark again but at least you can do this remedy maybe a day before an important date a party or what ever and i asure you you'll look and feel beautiful and not embarrassed .
Wendy22

Postby myprivate » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:23 pm

Been having the exact same problem my whole entire life .. its embarrassing .... I also never wear anything that will reveal my neck I keep my hairstyles long because I also sort of have a buffalo hump it's small but I'm self conscious about it along with my dark neck. I've tried it all believe me, even the lemon treatment but what happened was it made me lighter in certain areas and some were still dark and on top of that the sun burnt those light areas and they became even darker than before .... I've used the products I use on my face (face scrub in the morning and toner in the evening before bed) it helped my face but my meck remained the same ... people, even my friends and partner think it's just because I don't wash well which is very frustrating because that's not true I scrub every inch of my body everyday but my neck is still the same. The rest of my body including my knees is light only my neck is like 50 shades darker so you can imagine. It's depressing to have to be self conscious about your body every single second of the day. I am overweight (so imagine all the other things I'm self conscious about) but I've seen a couple of people my weight even bigger but their necks are fine :-(
myprivate

Postby Unknown123_93 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:01 pm

I have been having the same problem since I was like 14 years and I am 24 now and from ever since I wear only collared clothing and keep my hair down and being from the caribbean that's so hard cuz it's always so hot... I'm going on a serious weight loss journey, cutting sugar and carbs because that causes insulin resistance and that's the main cause of acanthosis nigricans, I heard that's the only thing that actually works, I really hope it does for me because I'm so fed up feeling like a prisoner in my own body, sometimes I just break down I hardly go anywhere.. everyone feels you just don't shower properly but that's not even the case.. y'all can look up cookie miller on YouTube, she has a video showing how her skin cleared up after losing weight... also we should all try this journey together and see if it works ?
Unknown123_93

Return to Fitness & Weight Loss