Crop tops

Crop tops

Postby Kk123 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:00 pm

I’m 16, and my mom will not allow me to wear anything that shows my stomach, my dad doesn’t care and will buy then for me but how do I get my mom to allow me to wear them at her house ( my parents are no longer together)?
Kk123

Re: Crop tops

Postby Acottello » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:26 pm

I understand that crop tops are a style but your mother is just trying to protect you and make sure you dress appropriately and if you like crop tops try to meet her halfway like wear high waisted shorts or jeans with your crop tops so not as much is showing
Acottello

Postby Kk123 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 am

Okay I’ll try that
Thanks
Kk123

Postby Savage_Teddy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:35 pm

Acottello wrote:I understand that crop tops are a style but your mother is just trying to protect you and make sure you dress appropriately and if you like crop tops try to meet her halfway like wear high waisted shorts or jeans with your crop tops so not as much is showing

Exactly some moms are like that. And she's just trying to make sure that you are safe that's one of her ways of her trying to show you that she cares about you. The moms who don't allow their daughters to wear crop tops is because there are people out there in this world who go out and kidnap girls rape them and do other stuff. I bet that your are a very nice looking girl. Just accept that your mother cares about you and what you wear
Savage_Teddy

Postby Loveislife » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Trust me my dear she’s only protecting you. You’re almost 18 so don’t rush.
Loveislife

Postby BeccaLee » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:57 pm

I agree with @Acottello,in the sense of your Mumma wants you looking stunning but at the same time,safe,I hope that is the right wording..Yes crop tops are the bomb to wear,comfy as..
Im a mum of 4,I love to wear them also but what I do is put a light summer long jacket over the top,with a hip tie!!
Just chat with mum,tell her your thoughts,you never know hun,she may see your style & by chatting you can assure her that your not dressing for men it's your personal style!!
Good luck x
BeccaLee

Postby Blizz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:59 am

How is this period related?
Blizz

Postby Kk123 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:40 am

Well, it in the fashion section... I just needed advice for this..
Kk123

Postby SilkyFloss » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:52 pm

I’m currently 16 as well, 17 in 24 days though. My grandparents (adoptive parents) are like your dad, they don’t care if I wear things that show my stomach or anything. Even though they don’t care, I still make sure to dress safely and appropriately just because of the type of people that are out there. Your mom definitely has a good point of view. She just wants to make sure you are safe, secure, and protected. On another point, crop tops may be a trend or whatever but showing your stomach doesn’t make you “sexy” or anything like that, a good personality does!
SilkyFloss

Postby Brooklynrebecca322 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:50 am

Even if you're not dressing for attention, clothes like that will distract guys. They won't have a "oh my gosh it's belly I can't concentrate" moments, but they will notice.

Whenever parents who aren't together have different rules, it's always hard. My parents are together, but it's my mom that makes rules about clothes. I have to wear a tank top under a crop top of I'm going out, but if I'm at home doing nothing or if I just have a few girl friends over I'm allowed to wear them without tank tops. You should also try wearing them with high waisted bottoms, and I would suggest wearing longer ones that only show a bit of belly.
Brooklynrebecca322

Next

Return to Fashion