EPILATOR or WAXING

EPILATOR or WAXING

Postby Nomi4 » Sun May 16, 2021 8:27 am

hey there can anyone tell me which is better waxing or epilator? and how it feels if you use epilator, does it hurts a lot or just same like waxing? does you skin goes under epilator? is it harmful to use epilator? shaving is common but it grows back like fast you know so I'm thinking what should i choose wax or epilator?
also i never did waxing before because of my age but now it would be fine and i don't know how it feels so I'm a little bit scared that's why i need your experience and opinions guys!
and please mention what kind of waxing kits you use or which epilator you use.
Nomi4

Re: EPILATOR or WAXING

Postby emma12 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:01 am

Pros and cons of each:

Epilators:

Pros:

1. They can remove very short hairs

2. The pain gets better with frequent use

3. Results last about 3 or 4 weeks

4. Cheaper - because you invest in only one rechargeable Epilator that will last you years if you take good care of it

Cons:

1. Ingrown hairs - you will be more susceptible to getting them

2. It doesn't remove dead skin cells

3. It might leave out a few hairs

4. Takes a lot of time to remove all the hair because it only removes small sections at a time

5. It can be very painful the first time you use it especially on sensitive areas like the bikini area

Waxing:

Pros:

1. It removes dead skin skills - it exfoliates

2. It removes all the hair in big sections

3. The pain only lasts a second or two and you eventually get used to it

4. It's a fast process - doesn't take much time

5. It doesn't cause ingrown hairs

6. Results also lasts 3 to 4 weeks

Cons:

1. More expensive compared to the Epilator (in the long run) considering that every month you have to get it done at the salon or at least buy new wax/papers for your at-home machine

2. Some people are allergic to it so it's not suitable for everybody

3. When the hair starts growing back out, you have to wait a couple days as the wax doesn't remove short hairs

I hope this helped. I prefer waxing over epilation. Epilation hurts like a bi*ch. Waxing hurts too, but the pain lasts like 2 seconds, whereas the pain with epilation is constant. Besides, I am prone to getting ingrown hairs and waxing is the only hair removal technique that leaves my skin smooth and ingrown hair-free.
emma12

Re: EPILATOR or WAXING

Postby Nomi4 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:35 am

emma12 wrote:Pros and cons of each:

Epilators:

Pros:

1. They can remove very short hairs

2. The pain gets better with frequent use

3. Results last about 3 or 4 weeks

4. Cheaper - because you invest in only one rechargeable Epilator that will last you years if you take good care of it

Cons:

1. Ingrown hairs - you will be more susceptible to getting them

2. It doesn't remove dead skin cells

3. It might leave out a few hairs

4. Takes a lot of time to remove all the hair because it only removes small sections at a time

5. It can be very painful the first time you use it especially on sensitive areas like the bikini area

Waxing:

Pros:

1. It removes dead skin skills - it exfoliates

2. It removes all the hair in big sections

3. The pain only lasts a second or two and you eventually get used to it

4. It's a fast process - doesn't take much time

5. It doesn't cause ingrown hairs

6. Results also lasts 3 to 4 weeks

Cons:

1. More expensive compared to the Epilator (in the long run) considering that every month you have to get it done at the salon or at least buy new wax/papers for your at-home machine

2. Some people are allergic to it so it's not suitable for everybody

3. When the hair starts growing back out, you have to wait a couple days as the wax doesn't remove short hairs

I hope this helped. I prefer waxing over epilation. Epilation hurts like a bi*ch. Waxing hurts too, but the pain lasts like 2 seconds, whereas the pain with epilation is constant. Besides, I am prone to getting ingrown hairs and waxing is the only hair removal technique that leaves my skin smooth and ingrown hair-free.
thankyou! it really helped me. I'm afraid to choose epilator so I'm choosing wax method.
Nomi4

Return to Beauty & Style