Not caring about the way others see me anymore?

Not caring about the way others see me anymore?

Postby CharlotteNanami » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:22 am

Today I went to shop with my bf for some necessities, and I decided I felt comfortable with the clothing I was using so I decided to not put un a bra.
Even tho I was comfy, when I got home I started to feel this sudden anxiety "did I look bad on this? Could this be considered indecent?"
But I stopped myself right there, because first it was a choice that was already done, there was no changing that, second, I made said choice for myself and because I was comfortable with that at the moment, why stress myself now about what other people might think?
I realized, putting the opinion of others (an opinion I haven't even heard) first was ridiculous, I was dressed, is summer here, and I wasn't alone, because to be honest I feel weird dressing certain ways, like using shorts and dresses, when I'm by myself, but I have learned to find myself and seeing just do things the way I want is not that bad and troublesome.
I kind of feel like I made an step forward in my self confidence and wanted to share.
I also wanted to know if others like me had trouble putting aside the way the rest see us and putting on first place how we feel most comfortable.
CharlotteNanami

Re: Not caring about the way others see me anymore?

Postby Cat Cat » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:58 am

I used to bother so much about how others see me. It honestly used to affect my self esteem. After some time I just decided not to care anymore. I try to be a good reasonable person and that's all that matters to me. If I want to dress up, I dress up and if I don't feel like it I don't. This has also helped me to not judge others for their looks or dress choice. I can say my confidence and emotional maturity has improved.
Cat Cat

Postby CharlotteNanami » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:59 am

That's just great! Some days I still struggle with my anxiety, but I too have learned to put myself together before letting it take control over me.
CharlotteNanami

Postby Cat Cat » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:09 pm

CharlotteNanami wrote:That's just great! Some days I still struggle with my anxiety, but I too have learned to put myself together before letting it take control over me.

I also struggle with anxiety sometimes especially in new places. I just remind myself that those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Cat Cat

Postby CharlotteNanami » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:37 pm

That's a nice way of seeing it, keep it up!
CharlotteNanami

Return to Beauty & Style