PLEASE HELP MY HAIR!!

PLEASE HELP MY HAIR!!

Postby LittleLady2000 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:24 pm

so for about the last 5 years, i’ve noticed both sides of my hair grow at different lengths. i feel like i’ve tried everything to get them to grow evenly. i’ve tried sleeping on the other side of my head, a bunch of different products, different vitamins, getting hair trims or cuts, not using heat or wearing it up, i’ve tried almost everything. about 6 months ago i got my hair cut because one side was 6 inches longer than the other! so i got them cut almost all the way to my shoulders. my hair has started growing back out but only on the right side! my hair is super healthy and i don’t use any shampoos or conditioners that are bad. i’m so confused on what’s going on! if anyone has any ideas for hair growth or if you know what this is then please give me some advice. i’m willing to try new things if i haven’t already tried them. thanks!
LittleLady2000

Re: PLEASE HELP MY HAIR!!

Postby Nonii18 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:12 am

LittleLady2000 wrote:so for about the last 5 years, i’ve noticed both sides of my hair grow at different lengths. i feel like i’ve tried everything to get them to grow evenly. i’ve tried sleeping on the other side of my head, a bunch of different products, different vitamins, getting hair trims or cuts, not using heat or wearing it up, i’ve tried almost everything. about 6 months ago i got my hair cut because one side was 6 inches longer than the other! so i got them cut almost all the way to my shoulders. my hair has started growing back out but only on the right side! my hair is super healthy and i don’t use any shampoos or conditioners that are bad. i’m so confused on what’s going on! if anyone has any ideas for hair growth or if you know what this is then please give me some advice. i’m willing to try new things if i haven’t already tried them. thanks!

If it’s very concerning, have you tried asking a doctor or any professional? And has anybody in your family had this too?
Nonii18

Postby LittleLady2000 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:24 am

i have tried asking also. they told me to try vitamins. no one else seems to be dealing with this except for me. i just don’t know what else to do to solve the problem when i feel like i have already tried everything!
LittleLady2000

Postby beautypro » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:24 am

Licensed hairstylist here - so there could be a few things going on. First, i recommend brushing your actual scalp to remove debris and stimulate the scalp. This is one of the things that most of us neglect to do. Second, is there any genetic history of this in your family? Third, possibly see a dermatologist who specializes in scalp issues as there may be some type of physical cause. Let me know how it goes!!
LittleLady2000 wrote:so for about the last 5 years, i’ve noticed both sides of my hair grow at different lengths. i feel like i’ve tried everything to get them to grow evenly. i’ve tried sleeping on the other side of my head, a bunch of different products, different vitamins, getting hair trims or cuts, not using heat or wearing it up, i’ve tried almost everything. about 6 months ago i got my hair cut because one side was 6 inches longer than the other! so i got them cut almost all the way to my shoulders. my hair has started growing back out but only on the right side! my hair is super healthy and i don’t use any shampoos or conditioners that are bad. i’m so confused on what’s going on! if anyone has any ideas for hair growth or if you know what this is then please give me some advice. i’m willing to try new things if i haven’t already tried them. thanks!
beautypro

Postby Libra_berry » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:33 pm

[quote="beautypro"]Licensed hairstylist here - so there could be a few things going on. First, i recommend brushing your actual scalp to remove debris and stimulate the scalp. This is one of the things that most of us neglect to do. Second, is there any genetic history of this in your family? Third, possibly see a dermatologist who specializes in scalp issues as there may be some type of physical cause. Let me know how it goes!!
I think this might work (but believe the hair speciltist not me, that to much buildup of dead skin might suffocate the hair follicles causing the hair to grow unevenly, I don't know how to fix this but that the advice I'd give.
Libra_berry

Postby Lil babloo » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:01 am

Hi .....I'm 21 and I have alopecia areta one year ago .I took treatment ...I too had pills and hair spray onintment for scalp ..after I got good results for that ....but now I'm getting it again can anyone say any remedy for that ??? I'm losing my hope ....I have tried lots of treatment and remedies ...
Lil babloo

Return to Beauty & Style