too many oil pores

too many oil pores

Postby ifoundmycookies » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:36 pm

so recently i started having more oil pores on my forehead and i have tried washing my fave twice everyday and wearing face masks which are those type that suck out oil BUT NOTHING IS WORKING FOR ME and i hate it as you can see it really clearly under light. any advice??
ifoundmycookies

Re: too many oil pores

Postby Cassandrefi » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:33 am

Overdoing cleansing can make it worse. Just wash your face daily max 2 times. Use some kind of exfoliating I think an AHA would suit you and try niacinamide serum it would control the oiliness. Don't expect results in a day your skin needs work and patience.
Cassandrefi

Postby ifoundmycookies » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:27 am

thanks
ifoundmycookies

Postby Ephid D » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:20 pm

you might try niacinamide but if you're breakout from using it then try another niacinamide with a lower percentage.. if you're sensitive to niacinamide like me, try any skincare that contains high concentration of green tea.. once i use green tea-based skincare, oil production on my face has been controlled greatly like it's only appear in a thin film.. hope your skin gets better!
Ephid D

Postby Cassandrefi » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:54 am

Ephid D wrote:you might try niacinamide but if you're breakout from using it then try another niacinamide with a lower percentage.. if you're sensitive to niacinamide like me, try any skincare that contains high concentration of green tea.. once i use green tea-based skincare, oil production on my face has been controlled greatly like it's only appear in a thin film.. hope your skin gets better!

Yes I agree green tea is a great option too.
Cassandrefi

Postby ThaTea » Mon May 03, 2021 7:27 am

A good skin care routine is key. Sometimes over washing your face and using the wrong types of products for your skin type can make matters worse and increase oil production. (Which leads to clogged pores.) If you wear makeup I highly recommend double cleansing every night. Hyram on YouTube has a video explaining double cleansing and some products. Also if you have oily skin switching to a gel moisturizer could help. Hada Labo is great.

You should in this order:
- Oil Cleanse (breaks up oil based products like makeup & sunscreen)
- Gel Cleanse (removes what you just broke up) CeraVe is a super great brand.
- Tone (might have to test a few out. I love Thayers fragrance free toner)
- Serum: Niacinamide 10% or lower (skin might have to adjust.)
- Moisturize: Gel Based if possible.

Morning Routine:
- Water Rinse
- Toner
- Serum
- Moisturize

Hope this helps get you on the right track.
ThaTea

Return to Beauty & Style