9 Month Old

Labor & Delivery, for first time momes

9 Month Old

Postby WoodShep_Crew13 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:53 am

My husband and I are a little concerned. We are new parents, this is our first child. He is 9 months old and such an amazing boy. Throughout his childhood we have taken him to our families and he has been exposed to a good amount of new faces in his lifetime. Recently if we go around those same people, he tends to act a little anti social. For instance if we leave his sight just to go to the bathroom he starts crying. I heard babys between 8-9 months are supposed to get more clingy with them being in pain due to teething. Which I expected but not to become completely anti social. Is this normal for his age?? I love that he knows who his parents are but are we spoiling him too much?? Or are we loving him like his parents should?! Its hard to expose him to other people, like close family friends, with COVID still around. Plus my husband and I lost are jobs due to COVID so we have been home with him all day everyday for the past couple months looking for another job
WoodShep_Crew13

Re: 9 Month Old

Postby Danielbabes1201 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:27 pm

This sounds alot like separation anxiety to me which is completely normal about this age. I have a almost 17 month old who goes through this as well (but she's slowly starting to over come it). Just remember that regardless of who he has been around you two are his safety unit. You guys are the ones with him 99% of the time and provide most of his care so he sees you guys as being his "secure space". Its completely normal.
Danielbabes1201

Postby Pia90 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:22 pm

You guys are doing nothing wrong here. It's perfectly normal. With my oldest, it was like a switch from one day to the other. I was praising her about bein so social with others, next thing I know, she starts screaming, when I or my husband weren't close by. It's called separation anxiety. My second daughter was worse. She wanted no body, not even her dad, just me. It was very uncomfortable at times. Please don't force any changes on the child, leave things the way they are. It'll go away naturally, once enough trust is build.
Pia90

Postby WoodShep_Crew13 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:56 am

Wow! Thank You Both So Much For Everything You Said! It Made Me Feel So Much Better To Know There Are Others Going Through The Same Thing As Me And That Its Totally Normal. I Am So Glad He Feels Safe And Secure Around Us, Ive Always Wanted That For Him! And I Wont Change A Thing! I Like That He Knows When He Feels Uncomfortable And Just Wants His Parents. We Love Him So Much
WoodShep_Crew13

Postby MixedCouple » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:44 am

100% normal and ok. Every chikd is different. I have 4 neieces and 1 Nephew under the age of 6. My trust niece was nit clingy at all and happily be away from her oarents from a very early age was so extroverted and social. Her sister who is 3 years younger is thw complete opposite she can't be away from her Mother. Even now at 3 years old she is glued to her.

My other niece qas a little clingy until the age of 12 months then she happily stays with her grandparents and even doesn't want to go home and my nephew he is such a little boy - independent and acts like he don't need no one lol. He is so brave and happily goes and meets people even if a but shy he faces upto strangers and confronts his fears. But he acts like auch a strong willed little boy. But he prefers being with his mum.
So you can see even though all the kids have siblings they are all so different and 100% don't force anything they don't feel comfortable with. They won't be clingy their whole life and th3n you will miss it.
MixedCouple

Return to After Birth