Child/Infant Loss.

Labor & Delivery, for first time momes

Child/Infant Loss.

Postby sadgirl1123 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:25 am

I see a lot of discussion about "life after birth." I figured I would post this topic because I've yet to see any posts about it. I, like many other mothers, have experienced the loss of my newborn baby. I did not miscarry, I carried my son for almost 9 months (he was born at 37 weeks and 3 days). Shortly after giving birth to my son he started having trouble breathing and needed to be taken down to the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit). Four days later and after having been transferred (by flight) to a different hospital with better equipment (we were told the equipment at our small town's hospital could not keep him alive), he passed away. We're not sure how but somehow after my water broke a RARE bacteria infected my son and I (a uterine infection). The only symptoms I showed was feeling sick and having a fever shortly after giving birth. I was given antibiotics immediately and my body responded well to them. My son did not respond to antibiotics and ended up passing away. For most people the day their baby is born is one of the best days of their life, but for others it can be a nightmare.. I'm so thankful I got to meet and hold my son before he left this world. And I'm sorry to anyone who has been through something like this or has felt this unbearable pain. You're not alone.
sadgirl1123

Re: Child/Infant Loss.

Postby Patrycja » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:56 am

sadgirl1123 wrote:I see a lot of discussion about "life after birth." I figured I would post this topic because I've yet to see any posts about it. I, like many other mothers, have experienced the loss of my newborn baby. I did not miscarry, I carried my son for almost 9 months (he was born at 37 weeks and 3 days). Shortly after giving birth to my son he started having trouble breathing and needed to be taken down to the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit). Four days later and after having been transferred (by flight) to a different hospital with better equipment (we were told the equipment at our small town's hospital could not keep him alive), he passed away. We're not sure how but somehow after my water broke a RARE bacteria infected my son and I (a uterine infection). The only symptoms I showed was feeling sick and having a fever shortly after giving birth. I was given antibiotics immediately and my body responded well to them. My son did not respond to antibiotics and ended up passing away. For most people the day their baby is born is one of the best days of their life, but for others it can be a nightmare.. I'm so thankful I got to meet and hold my son before he left this world. And I'm sorry to anyone who has been through something like this or has felt this unbearable pain. You're not alone.

You are so strong ! And this is so sad to read .. I couldn’t Imagine loosing my child ... I admire the strength of those that have had to go through it !!!

Thank you for sharing your pain.
Patrycja

Postby B613 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:07 am

I know that you posted earlier this year ago but I just wanted to say I am really sorry for your loss. Your loss is profound, it is complicated because a lot of people won't understand the magnitude of grief that comes losing your child unless they have lost too.
B613

Postby NatalieMUMMA91 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:42 am

That is heartbreaking. I can only imagine the pain u must feel. I had a 26 weeker weighing 826grams (1Lb 13oz) I myself was extremely lucky. And my son was a lucky one that lived. We did however have some close calls and in those moments I will never forget the feeling of being so scared you can't think straight or anything. My heart goes out to you and others who had to say goodbye so soon after saying hello. My heart aches for you in sadness. My prayers are with you.. Xox
NatalieMUMMA91

Postby kell2112 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:41 am

Hi.. sorry for your loss.. i hope you're doing fine now. I also loss my baby last month.. my baby was born on week 38, he had hypoplastic left heart syndrome which a rare heart disease. His case was complicated and had poor prognosis.. we decided to have comfort care to spend as much time as we can with him. He able to survive 4 days long. It was hard to go through the situation since he was our first born but we have to keep positive and keep praying.
kell2112

Postby Mcswaina » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:14 pm

I lost my daughter a week ago Tuesday. My heart breaks into a million pieces every day. I don't know how i Will ever get over this pain. I am sorry for your loss and the pain you had to endure. May you be blessed with many more babies.
Mcswaina

Postby Mimilaza » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:35 am

It's something no one prepares you for. No one wants to think about it. But it does happen. My son passed away at 38 weeks due to a traumatic birth injury. It's far worse then labor pains it's a pain you live with forever ? I am sorry you know this pain
Mimilaza

Postby Mheann » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:53 am

Hi.at age 39 en single mom. Im giving birth to my second baby girl ( StillBirth) in my belly,at 35 weeks 3 days.after 12yrs of waiting to have a baby again. Almost 8mos when i loss her, til now still difficult to accept, to let go her,i feel guilty, i feel too much pain that she is not in arm. Im suffering of her loss en suffering of post partum dipression
I had planned 3 celebration in one party, a Big Party for us. Me as 40, my daughter 12, and my bebe as a BABY SHOWER, Welcome bebe! Im every happy when i heard that im 6 weeks pregnant to you i cannot believe at age 39 have a chance to have a baby and giving birth. A Big Blessing from God!
But now everything change. My baby is not here anymore.i cannot hold her anymore, i cannot heard her voice when she cry, call me mama, i cannot breastfeed her, the things you want to do as a mother to my bebe, everything i want to do to you. That never happened anymore.
Im waited you for 12yrs. You always Welcome to Mama anak i know you coming back to me PLS. COME BACK TO MAMA anak.
Mama asking your Forgiveness anak? Mama love you much and always miss you.

My daughter is STILLBIRTH at 8mos in my belly.
Mheann

Postby Erikag-18 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:09 am

Hi you are definitely not alone. I gave birth July 25, 2019 and we lost our baby boy 8days after birth due to severe pulmonary hypertension and severe infection. It was the lowest point in our lives. He was our first born, everything during the pregnancy was okay. He had good heart beat and movement but he had difficulty breathing when he came out. But you’re right at least i got to see him, touch him, talk to him and tell him I love him before we lost him.. Our babies will forever be remembered and loved.
Erikag-18

Postby Alicemitchell18 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Hi, I’ve just lost my twin boys just 2 weeks ago I’m constantly depressed and just need some support on what I could do to pick myself up a bit I give birth to them just at 24 week pregnant I still don’t know what caused me to deliver so early in my pregnancy one my twins had just passed away just one day old which was on the 26th August and my second twin kept fighting for 40 days and sadly couldn’t fight no more and he passed away on 3rd October just 2 weeks ago I dunno what to do with myself
Alicemitchell18

Next

Return to After Birth