Is this considered abuse?

Re: Is this considered abuse?

Postby Cheycat » Thu May 06, 2021 2:44 pm

I say no because it’s very similar to a spanking. And it doesn’t hurt that much. So i say do it is a form of discipline. It’s just like neeling on a playground with small pebbles. Trust me I have done both voluntary it’s not that bad. Sometimes children don’t listen to getting yelled at. And to much yelling can cause trama. I have ptsd because of the yelling that happens in my house. So I personally don’t think so.
Cheycat

Postby Selenelion » Thu May 06, 2021 2:48 pm

Its purposely causing your child pain and its not spanking them on the butt that means its abuse. If you as a parent feel your only option as a parent is to yell or spank/hit then you shouldn't have become a parent.
Selenelion

Postby Wolves2018 » Thu May 06, 2021 4:02 pm

Cheycat wrote:I say no because it’s very similar to a spanking. And it doesn’t hurt that much. So i say do it is a form of discipline. It’s just like neeling on a playground with small pebbles. Trust me I have done both voluntary it’s not that bad. Sometimes children don’t listen to getting yelled at. And to much yelling can cause trama. I have ptsd because of the yelling that happens in my house. So I personally don’t think so.

Intentionally kneeling on pebbles on a play ground while playing is totally different than being forced to kneel on something that hurt your knees as a punishment. That is like saying because as kids you walked on hot concrete barefoot you can walk through hot coals as a punishment. As someone who claims to know and have trauma you would think you would know the difference between the two. Not to mention you are down playing the issue here. Oh and let’s not forget, you are the one that said you feel the need to age regress. Therefore, your entire statement is debunked by you already without you realizing it. You can’t say you would do the horrible punishment and then turn around and say I have trauma because of it happened to me. I don’t understand your logic as it is unbeknownst to me.
Wolves2018

Postby DaKawaiiKitty » Thu May 06, 2021 5:21 pm

I really think it IS child abuse to do that. (I just saw dis post- idk wats da last reply about ;-;) hurting ur child to “TEACH” them a lesson won’t teach them anything 🙄 it will just kill their trust in you and it will make them SCARED from their own parents 😒 srsly tho, it will just make them hide things from u- and it’ll make them not understand wat Dey did exactly or how to fix it yk. making mistakes is a part of life to make us LEARN how to solve them. If u make a mistake no one should rlly blame u, in fact, that “someone” should tell u how to solve it instead, even if it’s done and u can’t do anything about it, it’s just so yk what to do next time if it happens.
DaKawaiiKitty

Postby Cheycat » Thu May 06, 2021 6:12 pm

Whatever let people have there options. And let’s stop arguing and causing drama. It’s like spanking is pouprsfully causing a child pain to teach them a lesson. And with spanking your child can’t lessin how hard they are being spanked like they could lessin the pressure on there knees. Now if the parents are pushing down on the kid then yeah it’s abuse. That is me reasoning and my thinking.
Cheycat

Postby Cheycat » Thu May 06, 2021 6:23 pm

Also as long is it is only a couple minutes. I just kneeled on rice for like 3 minutes and I’m fine. My knees don’t hurt anymore. But when I get spanked my butt burns for like an hour or more. And when I get spanked I can’t sit down for and hour or more. I get spanked with a wooden spoon that has holes in it. Also over time knees will calis your butt won’t.
Cheycat

Postby Selenelion » Thu May 06, 2021 6:47 pm

Cheycat wrote:Whatever let people have there options. And let’s stop arguing and causing drama. It’s like spanking is pouprsfully causing a child pain to teach them a lesson. And with spanking your child can’t lessin how hard they are being spanked like they could lessin the pressure on there knees. Now if the parents are pushing down on the kid then yeah it’s abuse. That is me reasoning and my thinking.

Its still purposely causing them harm, its abuse.
Selenelion

Postby PositiveVibes08 » Thu May 06, 2021 6:49 pm

Hurting your own child is just cruel.
You're giving them pain and scaring them away from being close to you.
✨Sparks✨
PositiveVibes08

Postby Wolves2018 » Thu May 06, 2021 6:58 pm

Cheycat wrote:Also as long is it is only a couple minutes. I just kneeled on rice for like 3 minutes and I’m fine. My knees don’t hurt anymore. But when I get spanked my butt burns for like an hour or more. And when I get spanked I can’t sit down for and hour or more. I get spanked with a wooden spoon that has holes in it. Also over time knees will calis your butt won’t.
so if you had a child you are willingly going to put your child through the same hell that you went through?

Also I’m not arguing with you. I’m just trying to understand your logic here.
Wolves2018

Postby Cheycat » Fri May 07, 2021 4:28 am

I just don’t consider it abuse till a certain point. Children need dicaplened, and sometimes yelling just don’t work.
A different example that you might understand better is like if your kid is not listening and is saying bad words (or In my experience talking back to much or giving to much attitude.) and they won’t listen to your words, pop their mouth, but if you smack them it’s abuse. Does that help?
Cheycat

PreviousNext

Return to Relationship with Parents