Somebody give me advice pls.

Somebody give me advice pls.

Postby Kearstenk » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:18 pm

I feel like nobody wants me around. Yesterday my dad told me to "f off" and my mom told me I was annoying. The only time my dad ever talks to me is when I'm doing something wrong and I always feel like I'm doing something wrong. Whenever I get into trouble my mom always tells my family my business and I've even asked her to stop doing that. I feel bad for my brother because he's 11 and my dad keeps threatening to punch him. Everyday I feel less and less of myself and it seems like everyone feels/ thinks less and less of me. I dont feel loved. My parents completely cut me off from the world and it seems like they don't even care. I'm heart broken. I just want to run away. I always used to be able to talk about my problems but now I don't feel safe and I don't trust anybody. I'm so alone. I hate this. I'm tired. Tired of trying. Tired of being someone im not. I can't even be myself around my parents or family because I'm afraid they'll judge me. I always hide my feelings. I hate myself. I hate the body im in. I want to be accepted for who I am not who everybody else wants me to be. My mom doesn't give me respect but she expects me to respect her. That also makes me upset because nobody treats me how im supposed to be treated. They treat me how they want to and they're excuse is always because "im just a child". I dont even get any privacy at all. I cant close my door. Only when I go to bed. My parents control my phone. I'm not allowed to have social media. I'm not allowed to text. Have any friends contacts. And No access to my photos or camera. Also, I ALMOST ALWAYS wear something that covers me up all the way. Mostly sweat pants and an oversized sweater. But when I decide to wear something that shows even a little bit of skin I'm trying to impress someone and I get told to change my clothes. And I ALWAYS have to wear a bra. And I take care of my baby sister everyday pretty much all day and when I'm not paying attention to her I get in trouble. On top of that I have to clean the house AND make sure my homework is done. my parents never show any sympathy. I'm done. I can not do this anymore. I need help.
Kearstenk

Re: Somebody give me advice pls.

Postby TheMaskedGirl » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:21 pm

Firstly, Is there anyone you can tell about it? A friend, relative or therapist. If they actually abuse you it might be worth telling someone in the authorities. If its just what you’ve described. I suggest talking to your parents, send them a text, write a message and explain how you feel. Even if they seem mad, they are still your parents and a part of their brains will register it. Secondly, if you are old enough and are SERIOUSLY considering running away, contact a friend or relative that lives near and won’t tell them that your there. At least when you do leave, you won’t be lost or kidnapped. And take your brother if you do, I don’t suggest leaving him there alone. I’m really sorry about what your going through. If I think of anything else I’ll tell you. Best of Luck and know that some people out there have your back
TheMaskedGirl

Postby Kearstenk » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:04 pm

No, there's nobody that I trust that I can tell other than my friends that live in a completely different city almost a half hour away. And I don't have their number. I moved at the beginning of the pandemic so I never made any friends where I live. My dad has not actually gotten physical with my brother but has threatened to multiple times. I want to run away but knowing me I would never build the guts especially because I have a baby sister and I could never leave her. Plus I would have to buy a burner phone cause my parents track my phone and if I try to uninstall the app it is trained to lock my phone immediately so the only people that can get into it are my parents. I'm 14. Which is definitely not of age. And thank you.
Kearstenk

Postby TheMaskedGirl » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:41 pm

I asked an outside opinion and they said to contact your school psychologist or Childline (08001111) to listen and hopefully provide some help and plan your next actions
TheMaskedGirl

Postby Selenelion » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:39 am

Threats are verbal abuse, so is calling your child annoying, telling your child to f off is emotional neglect. I'm not sure you have enough for a case though...
Selenelion

Postby Lou30 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:21 am

If you can find someone you can run to I would ik i shouldn't be encouraging running away but I'd do it.Your family clearly (ik this is harshbut) don't give 2 sh*ts about u and depending on what year your in its putting stress on u in more than one way K. Best of lucky have my full love and support
Lou30

Postby Kearstenk » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:10 pm

Thank you guys. I dont know what conclusion I'm going to come to but I will come to one eventually.
Kearstenk

Return to Relationship with Parents