I have a bit of a dilemma

I have a bit of a dilemma

Postby Arya Dröttningu » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:46 pm

Hi guys, I wasn't sure which topic this should be posted under but this seems most fitting.

Note: I have really strict parents when it comes to social media and the internet.
Also, YouTube was not allowed until I was 14

So this might seem like a minor problem but I need whoever's reading this to please try and understand my situation because I really don't know what to do now.
Less than and hour ago, I caught my 10 year old sister watching pregnancy (another note: she is definitely NOT pregnant, just curious I think) videos on YouTube. This is the third time now. The first time I promised that I would not tell our parents as long as she promised that she would not break the no YouTube rule again. The second time, I got distracted and didn't look at what she was watching (I'm guessing it was the same though) and trusted that my facial expression would deliver the message and that her fear of me telling our parents would stop her from doing it again. Clearly it didn't.
Now let me explain why this is worrying me. When I was ten, I came across some stuff on the internet that I was much too young to see. I was plagued with guilt and worry that someone would find out (no one ever did). What I saw was traumatizing and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I seriously don't want the same to happen to my sister. I know I can't protect her from the things out there forever but I want to try, at least until she's a bit older. Pregnancy videos isn't really a problem I guess, but we all know how it goes. You're watching one thing and YouTube recommends something else entirely. We have age restrictions and settings that are meant to block mature sites but these are hardly foolproof (trust me, I know how easy it is to get past it)
Now the real problem: do I tell my parents or not? I sort of just walked out of her room without saying anything after I saw what she was watching, and I know she must be super nervous right now but I don't know what to say to her. What do you guys think? What do I do now?
Arya Dröttningu

Re: I have a bit of a dilemma

Postby Lou30 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:15 pm

Just try and explain that this isn't appropriate for her age and that if she doesn't stop u will tell
Lou30

Postby Ma sky » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:24 pm

She might just what answer about it tell her that she is to young to be watching thing like that.I think that it could be a thing to her. (My opinion) I love talk about the female body .so it could just be me
Ma sky

Postby Selenelion » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:32 pm

Get her a book like a anatomical one instead maybe?
Selenelion

Postby Arya Dröttningu » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:01 am

Okay thanks everyone
I have a book that explains everything from s*x to periods and pregnancy for younger girls, but my mother said she has to wait until she's eleven to read it😑
Arya Dröttningu

Postby Selenelion » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:46 am

I got my first book on that for my 9th birthday...
Selenelion

Postby Lou30 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:49 am

I never got a book on it and never want one honestly
Lou30

Postby IamCalledHaHa » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:55 am

Lou30 wrote:I never got a book on it and never want one honestly

Yeah same. I think used to have a pregnancy book but I’m not sure 🤔
IamCalledHaHa

Postby Arya Dröttningu » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:09 am

Selenelion wrote:I got my first book on that for my 9th birthday...

I would have preferred it that way. Sure would have saved me from a lot of stress...but unfortunately that's for my parents to decide.
I think I'll warn her one more time and if it happens again...I'll deal with it from there
Arya Dröttningu

Postby boop » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:29 pm

U could also tell her that if she has any questions she can ask you and u could explain those things to her
boop

Next

Return to Relationship with Parents