PIERCINGS!!!

Re: PIERCINGS!!!

Postby Kai-T_Chai-Tea » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:21 am

The_psychoTeddyBear wrote:I got my ears pierced when I was a baby.

Oooh lucky!
Kai-T_Chai-Tea

Postby The_psychoTeddyBear » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:26 am

Kai-T_Chai-Tea wrote:
The_psychoTeddyBear wrote:I got my ears pierced when I was a baby.

Oooh lucky!

I haven’t worn earrings in years though. So I’m pretty sure they are closed by now.
The_psychoTeddyBear

Postby Selenelion » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:48 am

its not lucky. Its without the child's permission and they can't take care of them themselves. Its kind of messed up to do something like that to someone who can't consent.
Selenelion

Postby The_psychoTeddyBear » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:50 am

I don’t really like earrings anyways.
The_psychoTeddyBear

Postby WriterGirl » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:55 am

Selenelion wrote:its not lucky. Its without the child's permission and they can't take care of them themselves. Its kind of messed up to do something like that to someone who can't consent.

In some cultures it's totally normal... plus the holes close by themselves if the kid doesn't wear earrings.
WriterGirl

Postby Sunshine Lover » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:14 am

My mom would have done it to me as a baby except when I was a baby I was a foster child. My birth mom did it to me when I was 2. If I have a daughter then I will pierce her ears as a baby. I actually think it's a good idea to do it as a baby. Here are a few reasons:
1. They are not going to remember the pain.
2. Because they are a baby they are not going to be the ones taking care of them. You will. You already take care of them and bathe them. What's the difference? And because you are the one taking care of them you know their ears will be cleaned properly.
And yes, Writer is right. Piercings will close. So in the unlikely event that a kid will decide they really truly don't want pierced ears they can take out the earrings and the holes will eventually close.
Sunshine Lover

Postby Wolves2018 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:52 am

Selenelion wrote:its not lucky. Its without the child's permission and they can't take care of them themselves. Its kind of messed up to do something like that to someone who can't consent.

You are correct. A lot of parents have their daughters ears pierced when they are babies because the pain feels similar to a shot and last only for a little bit. A baby will not remember the pain. They also won’t mess with their ears depending on how old the baby. Not to mention if the child no longer wants to wear the earrings they can take them out and let it close back up. I’m not going to lie I have thought about having Livie’s ears pierced while she is baby.
Wolves2018

Postby Ange Démoniaque » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:57 am

I got mine pierced when I was little. My dad was upset about it but I actually prefer it that way. My friend got hers pierced when she was 14, she passed out and they got infected. (Kind of a horror story, I know it doesn’t happen to everyone) After I heard that, I was thankful I didn’t even have to remember it.
Ange Démoniaque

Postby beautiful_bi_queen » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:48 am

got em pierced at 10. my mom doesn’t like piercing babies ears because they didn’t get a choice
beautiful_bi_queen

Location: “past is the past anyways, we cant change it. we can only strive to be better in the future.”-Cookie

Postby cacahuate86 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:17 am

Here, a lot of jewelers wouldn't pierce a baby's ears. Pediatricians recommend not having your ears pierced until you're 14. Babies with pierced ears are common in a lot of places in the world. I got mine pierced on vacation in Italy when I was 6 or so.
Sapere aude
cacahuate86

PreviousNext

Return to Relationship with Parents