Coming out

Coming out

Postby Jellybean_123 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:54 am

So I’m pretty sure I am bi but my family doesn’t support the lgbtq community at all and I can’t change that fact at all and so I’m never going to be able to come out... they will hate me if I tell them, and how much ever I want to tell them I don’t want to ruin any relationship with my family at all and even if I told my mom she would say there is nothing like being bi and that is unnatural... so what if I’m never able to tell them?
Jellybean_123

Re: Coming out

Postby Selenelion » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:04 am

I'm sorry. If you don't feel safe telling them, I wouldn't tell them when you are a kid, at least. Luckily there are a lot of accepting people in this world who will love you, for you. You'll make a family someday. Until then, you can try and change their mind. Being up social issues in the community etc.
Selenelion

Postby Jellybean_123 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:16 am

Maybe someday I’ll find ppl who will accept it but in my school no one has come out as part of lgbt and even if they are they’ll not be accepted. In my country it’s not the same and it isn’t that broadly accepted there aren’t even teachers that are supporting. It’s really sad that we can’t be accepted for who we are..😭😭
Jellybean_123

Postby Lou30 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:25 am

I'm really sorry for what's going on sweetheart and look I came out to my mum twice......I don't think we fully accepts it still but i still did it and i also luckily have a supportive family. Although your family might not accept it doesn't mean u have to hide that fact.If they don't fully accept it so be it.I believe in u and i hope u feel the courage to do it soon🖤if they don't support u go somewhere where someone will🖤
Lou30

Postby Srahjazz96 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:37 am

It kind of depends if you think your family are gonna have a bad reaction and they might hate you or look at you different i suggest you tell them when your older or ready to move out
If you think they might not have a bad reaction or they'll only be a little bit dissapointed but they'll still love you and treat you the same then just tell them at least if your bi and they don't believe in it at least they will have a little hope that you will marry a man or something so they won't react as bad
sorry if that came out wrong but I'm just suggesting
Srahjazz96

Postby Jellybean_123 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:36 pm

Thank you so much for the support and suggestions it means a lot
Jellybean_123

Postby Lou30 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:17 pm

Np we will always be there for u
Lou30

Return to Relationship with Parents