Sexuality (im bi)

Sexuality (im bi)

Postby A person » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:00 am

Hi so im bi and i want to tell my mom what do i do??
A person

Re: Sexuality (im bi)

Postby QueerDragon » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:20 am

I would make a bi pride pic/change your profile picture of something to a bi flag. If you are confident, you could just tell her. Or you could make something with bi flag colors in it. I'm sorry if these don't help, I'm not out yet either.
QueerDragon

Location: "So thank you for taking a chance on me, I know it isn't easy, but I hope to be worth it"

Postby WriterGirl » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:14 am

I would suggest sitting her down and telling her outright.
Or, you could help her out with something (like maybe do the dishes together) and then go "oh, by the way, I'm bi".
The people I know who've come out dropped a ton of hints beforehand, maybe so I didn't come as quite a surprise when they did come out. (I wouldn't know, I didn't even notice, that's how oblivious I am, lol)
But whatever you are most comfortable with. Good luck!
WriterGirl

Postby XxDancerChloexX » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:30 am

I’m in the same situation.. but I think I’m Les, still finding out myself, I’m only out to really close friends and the fourm..
XxDancerChloexX

Postby WriterGirl » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:44 am

XxDancerChloexX wrote:I’m in the same situation.. but I think I’m Les, still finding out myself, I’m only out to really close friends and the fourm..

Okay, so I am the worst person to give advice on this, so maybe don't listen to me, but I'll tell you this; if you feel comfortable with it, maybe drop hints. For example, I had a friend who cut their hair into a pixie cut (it's a bit of a stereotype, but still). They also started wearing rainbow earrings and dressing more and more androgynous (they're non-binary). Another friend told me she had something in common with a twisted pole. (She later explained that neither of them were straight). Anyway, stupid, oblivious me didn't see any of this. But other people did, and knowing that people were already more or less aware may have helped my friends fully come out.
Just be aware that when you do tell people, it may stop conversation. (This is my experience, btw, others say have experienced it differently.) People might ask you questions, make remarks. You'll be the center of attention. Then everyone just goes on with their lives. It also depends on who you tell.
Also remember that the world (especially younger generations) is getting loads more accepting. Some people might see you differently, but most will accept you. Again, this depends who you're telling.
And also, I'm straight, and I'm only talking about what I saw when others came out to me. Feel free to tell me I'm totally wrong, or outright ignore me.
WriterGirl

Postby QueerDragon » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:50 am

Speaking of dropping hints:

I'm a closeted lesbian (next to the forum). My mom talked about this woman that she knew was gay because they dressed gay. I need to know what that's supposed to mean so I could (potentially) dress like that to drop a hint? Any help/advice?
QueerDragon

Location: "So thank you for taking a chance on me, I know it isn't easy, but I hope to be worth it"

Postby XxDancerChloexX » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:52 am

WriterGirl wrote:
XxDancerChloexX wrote:I’m in the same situation.. but I think I’m Les, still finding out myself, I’m only out to really close friends and the fourm..

Okay, so I am the worst person to give advice on this, so maybe don't listen to me, but I'll tell you this; if you feel comfortable with it, maybe drop hints. For example, I had a friend who cut their hair into a pixie cut (it's a bit of a stereotype, but still). They also started wearing rainbow earrings and dressing more and more androgynous (they're non-binary). Another friend told me she had something in common with a twisted pole. (She later explained that neither of them were straight). Anyway, stupid, oblivious me didn't see any of this. But other people did, and knowing that people were already more or less aware may have helped my friends fully come out.
Just be aware that when you do tell people, it may stop conversation. (This is my experience, btw, others say have experienced it differently.) People might ask you questions, make remarks. You'll be the center of attention. Then everyone just goes on with their lives. It also depends on who you tell.
Also remember that the world (especially younger generations) is getting loads more accepting. Some people might see you differently, but most will accept you. Again, this depends who you're telling.
And also, I'm straight, and I'm only talking about what I saw when others came out to me. Feel free to tell me I'm totally wrong, or outright ignore me.

Your not wrong, or at least I don’t think so. I’m not the type of person who is able to cut my hair really short. ( Dance reasons) And I have really bad anxiety, all of my friends came out before me so I kinda knew what to expect? I’m just sooo nervous.. I don’t have rainbow earrings, or at least yet. But I really want some 🤣. I’m just so scared that my family won’t accept me, especially my dad.. When I told him my best friend ( a male ) was gay he told me not to talk to him.. I still do anyways because I was the first one my friend told.. Anyways so yeah.. I’m just scared to tell anyone
XxDancerChloexX

Postby QueerDragon » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:53 am

I think your dad is homophobic, based on his reaction.
QueerDragon

Postby XxDancerChloexX » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:54 am

I think so too..
XxDancerChloexX

Postby XxDancerChloexX » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:55 am

Also I’ve been listening to the girl version of Ken not Barbie (Ken but Barbie).. I’ve memorized the lyrics by now
XxDancerChloexX

Next

Return to Relationship with Parents