to my mom—-

Re: to my mom—-

Postby mito_qt » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:15 am

Doggylover19 wrote:I feel you if your mom doesn't understand that then idk. It's jus at a teenage thing I bet when did it when she was our age☹️

It’s not a teenage thing, you can be 10 or 35 and be going through the same thing, it’s not about being a teenager it depends on your life and what is happening to make you feel that way. Many people suicide or harm themselves because they aren’t pretty enough, or they are going through pain, or other reasons but it doesn’t depend on age.
mito_qt

Postby Radio_Girl » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:34 am

mito_qt wrote:
Doggylover19 wrote:I feel you if your mom doesn't understand that then idk. It's jus at a teenage thing I bet when did it when she was our age☹️

It’s not a teenage thing, you can be 10 or 35 and be going through the same thing, it’s not about being a teenager it depends on your life and what is happening to make you feel that way. Many people suicide or harm themselves because they aren’t pretty enough, or they are going through pain, or other reasons but it doesn’t depend on age.

Obviously it CAN happen to anyone, but teenagers' growing brains are especially vulnerable to these kinds of thoughts. Our brains are changing and growing in so many ways. After all, our brains arent fully matured until our early 20s.

Studies where scientists did brain scans from early childhood through their 20s showed late changes of gray matter (the cortex; where thought processes and memory are based.) People used to think gray matter was most abundant in early childhood, but it's highest point is actually during adolescence.

According to an article by the National Institute of Mental Health, areas involved in more basic functions mature first: those involved, for example, in the processing of information from the senses, and in controlling movement.

The parts of the brain responsible for more "top-down" control, controlling impulses, and planning ahead - the hallmarks of adult behavior- are among last to mature.
Radio_Girl

Postby mito_qt » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:41 am

Radio_Girl wrote:
mito_qt wrote:

Obviously it CAN happen to anyone, but teenagers' growing brains are especially vulnerable to these kinds of thoughts. Our brains are changing and growing in so many ways. After all, our brains arent fully matured until our early 20s.

Studies where scientists did brain scans from early childhood through their 20s showed late changes of gray matter (the cortex; where thought processes and memory are based.) People used to think gray matter was most abundant in early childhood, but it's highest point is actually during adolescence.

According to an article by the National Institute of Mental Health, areas involved in more basic functions mature first: those involved, for example, in the processing of information from the senses, and in controlling movement.

The parts of the brain responsible for more "top-down" control, controlling impulses, and planning ahead - the hallmarks of adult behavior- are among last to mature.

Yes that is true, I’d say that there are more teenagers that are mentally ill than adults, but again it’s not all about the age. Though you are right.
mito_qt

Postby blynn_raine » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:28 pm

mito_qt wrote:
blynn_raine wrote:i’m sorry u have a mentally ill daughter. i’m sorry if i think of self harm and suicide, i’m sorry that i didn’t tell u sooner. i truly do love u. i just need to get this bout, i’m literally crying

Hey if you ever need someone to talk to, I’m here. Ik we don’t know each other but I would gladly listen, and help in any way I can. It’s always better to let your feelings out and not stay suffering quietly

thanks. i wanted to commit suicide today but i didn’t. i’m proud of myself
blynn_raine

Postby WriterGirl » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:59 am

Please don't! I don't really know you, but I've seen your lyrics, and you're honestly an amazing songwriter and even though you are hurting, please know that there is a future out there for you, at least in songwriting but in other things too.
I am probably doing a terrible job at comforting you, but please don't harm yourself you are amazing.
WriterGirl

Postby XxDancerChloexX » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:23 am

Blynn please don’t! You are such an amazing Choreographer and songwriter! You listen to my rants and have amazing ways to help us other users on the form, like how you made me feel better when I said that I should me a younger sibling and all. You kinda make it feel like your my sibling in a weird way.. Please don’t go.. I don’t want to loose another person in my life..
XxDancerChloexX

Postby blynn_raine » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:25 pm

hey guys, i’m better. i’m sorry that i worried u, i’m just in a very low place that i’m trying to get out of. i love u all and i couldn’t possibly go thru with it ❤️❤️❤️
blynn_raine

Previous

Return to Relationship with Parents