Sister

Sister

Postby Cake pop » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:13 pm

My sister is ten and I’m fourteen. She is great most of the time. My parents baby her. She’s ten and they hardly ever let her go to the bathroom in public by herself. My mom would let me do that when I was six. My sister and I talk about it a lot and we both hate that I have to take her to the bathroom. Should we talk to our mom about it?
Cake pop

Re: Sister

Postby XxDancerChloexX » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:40 pm

Yes, definitely talk to your parents about it! It’s not fair how they are treating her way differently then they did when you were her age.

I’m an only child so I don’t really know what it’s like to have siblings 😑, but you and your sister sound close and on the same page. So that’s good.
XxDancerChloexX

Postby Selenelion » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:06 pm

I do understand the bathroom thing, my mom did that until I was in middle school. Cant believe she let you go alone when you were 6 🤦‍♀️. Not A good plan especially if you are in America due to our freakishly large stores, you cant make sure your kid gets in and out safely.

I do think you sister is at the age she can go alone but I do think she also needs to learn what to do if some creeper shows up.
Selenelion

Postby XxDancerChloexX » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:47 pm

Selenelion wrote:I do understand the bathroom thing, my mom did that until I was in middle school. Cant believe she let you go alone when you were 6 🤦‍♀️. Not A good plan especially if you are in America due to our freakishly large stores, you cant make sure your kid gets in and out safely.

I do think you sister is at the age she can go alone but I do think she also needs to learn what to do if some creeper shows up.

^^ yes!

When I saw creeper I automatically was like, “Creeper, awe man” and sang the rest of the song xD
XxDancerChloexX

Postby ifoundmycookies » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:07 am

lmfao
ifoundmycookies

Postby Pryncess_T » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:15 pm

I kind of get it I mean grown women go to the bathroom together to avoid a situation from happening. She may just be more cautious now because of all the little girls that get snatched up in bathrooms. I get irritated when I have to take my sisters to the bathroom but I would rather do that than something bad happen to them. Maybe you can ask your mom to take her or you guys can alternate
Pryncess_T

Postby emma12 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:50 pm

Pryncess_T wrote:I kind of get it I mean grown women go to the bathroom together to avoid a situation from happening. She may just be more cautious now because of all the little girls that get snatched up in bathrooms. I get irritated when I have to take my sisters to the bathroom but I would rather do that than something bad happen to them. Maybe you can ask your mom to take her or you guys can alternate

100% agree. I'm 23 and I still ask my friends/sister if they can go with me to the bathroom. They ask me to go with them too when they need to use the bathroom as well. It's safer and I usually always take someone with me, unless I was by myself and really had no other choice but to go alone.
emma12

Return to Relationship with Parents