Religion

Re: Religion

Postby PositiveVibes08 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:44 am

Sparklesnow wrote:In mine you have to be 16 to start dating and not kiss or have s*x till you are and only with the man you married to

The same, except I have to be 18 to date and 20 to marry.
✨Sparks✨
PositiveVibes08

Postby ifoundmycookies » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:10 pm

20 to marry??? thats so young
ifoundmycookies

Postby PositiveVibes08 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:11 pm

Really?!🤨 How?!
✨Sparks✨
PositiveVibes08

Postby cacahuate86 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:03 pm

You haven't even graduated from college yet at 20. 20 is really young to get married!
How about figuring life out on your own before you bring another clueless person into it?
I feel like kids today are lacking so much independence as it is, they need some time to explore their lives on their own. And if parents are controlling them even in their own bedroom and until even AFTER they have become a legal adult and then hand them right off to another person to be dependent on, it's just not a good set up.
Take your time. Go to school, find something that you're passionate about, travel, meet new and exciting people... you can get married when you're 30. Your 20s should be for you!
You shouldn't be shamed into having to marry on religious grounds just because you have perfectly natural sexual urges. Just have s*x responsibly. No need to get married so young. 🤷‍♀️
Sapere aude
cacahuate86

Postby PositiveVibes08 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:52 pm

Thanks, cacahuate86
✨Sparks✨
PositiveVibes08

Postby Selenelion » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:33 pm

I'm assuming 20 is the minimum age to get married right?
Selenelion

Postby Panda2020 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:45 pm

I would never get married at this age but where I live, by law you can get married at 16...
Panda2020

Postby cacahuate86 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:56 pm

There are a lot of places in the world, including the U.S., where you can get married much earlier than 20 as long as you have parental consent (in Massachusetts it's as young as 12 for girls and 14 for boys).
In fact only 4 states don't allow for marriages under 18 at all (Delaware, Minnesota, New Jersey, Pennsylvania).

In the vast majority of countries in the world you're a legal adult at age 18 and that is usually when you're allowed to marry without parental and/or judicial consent.

But that doesn't mean you should.
There is really no reason whatsoever to get married when you're that young.
Sapere aude
cacahuate86

Postby MixedCouple » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:02 pm

lemotamer234 wrote:Ok here's the thing...
So in my religion we are not allowed to date, we can get engaged and when you go out with ur man someone has to be with you (mostly ur bro) and I just don't like it I mean I see all thes youtubers dating and u know ...and then I just feel like I'm odd or left out and it's driving me craaaaaazyyy😓tell me what you think about it and tell me what happens in ur religion and how u deal with it cuz that will make me feel better🥰🥰

Ok so your Muslim. I'm Muslim never dated and now I am married and in love.
If you are a true Mumineem this will never be an issue and a small bothersome thought. Sinning for a few fleeting moments of pelasure to then go to Jahanam is not worth it.

Me and My husband coyrtes for 8 months my Dad was always there in Islam your Wali is your chaperone and we are perfectly happy.

If social media is distracting you from Islam stop watching it delete it or watch proper education videos on YouTube. About proper marriage and doing things the right way.

If everyone you age jumps of a cliff you going to join them?

Don't waste your youth trying to fit in with others. Be true to youself and you faith. I made it through my teens barely and I am hapoy I never went out. Dated. Etc etc. I saved myself from a lot of headache and pleased God.
MixedCouple

Postby MixedCouple » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:04 pm

ifoundmycookies wrote:20 to marry??? thats so young

Nope. I know loads of people including my mother who married at 18 - 20 and they are in stable hapoy marriages with children. It's not young if you are mature and have you life togther.
I woykd havw loved to marry at 20 but was not decreed for me. I met my hubby at the ripe old age of 33 😆
MixedCouple

PreviousNext

Return to Relationship with Parents