Do your parents favour the youngest!?

Re: Do your parents favour the youngest!?

Postby QueerDragon » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:26 am

Castle_Byers wrote:I'm 13 my brother is 6

Me too! Exactly the same 😂
QueerDragon

Location: "So thank you for taking a chance on me, I know it isn't easy, but I hope to be worth it"

Postby Rachel_2020 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:26 am

Vekava wrote:Because she is 6? Parents do not favour younger siblings, but they are aware that a 6yo doesn't really understand why what they did is wrong. But on the other hand, your Mom should explain to your little sister it's not OK.

They do A LOT. And it’s sooooo annoying
That’s all ✌️
Rachel_2020

Postby XxDancerChloexX » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:40 pm

Uhm I’m an only child- but I have dogs that are younger than me- :/
XxDancerChloexX

Postby Lottie04 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:45 am

Umm I am the youngest, and yes, my patents definitly do. Not that I like it that much...
Lottie04

Postby emma12 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:08 am

I don't think it's about favoritism. Don't think about it this way.
She's 6, which is not an okay enough reason for your mom or dad to just let her mess things up, she has to be disciplined even at such a young age. However, when I was 12 my baby brother was born and when I was 14 my baby sister was born. So imagine how hard it was during my teenage years to: 1. Look after both of them and 2. Keep all of my stuff away from them even if the stuff is in my own room.
When having a little kid around, you should pay extra attention to your stuff. Telling a 6 year old not to go into your room will not prevent her from doing exactly the opposite.
One of the users above told you to promise her to play with her or paint with her and give her attention. I agree with that. When telling her not to enter your room make sure that you promise to paint with her later during the day. Spend time with her so that she respects your boundaries. Besides, it's really nice to have a bond with your little siblings. I raised my own siblings from the moment they were born and I feel like I love them as if they're my own kids. I can't live without them, although they made me pretty angry a couple times when they were younger than that (and they still do mess up sometimes) but I just teach them in a nice way why they shouldn't do what they did.
When you want to say no to a child make sure you explain the reason. I know she's 6 and her brain is very simple but she will understand when you speak logic to her. Try it.
Lastly, I'm sorry about your artwork. Were you able to make another one on time? I hope you didn't fail the course. ❤️
emma12

Postby Kinzeepooh » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:33 pm

IM NETHER I HAVE NO SIBLINGS :( :( 😿😪😭😭😭
Hey
Kinzeepooh

Postby Laceybug » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:40 pm

My youngest sibling is 2 so he kinda has to he favored
Laceybug

Postby Rachel_2020 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:48 pm

Selenelion wrote:Yeah, everyone has favorites.

I hate when they have favorites. Sometimes at home it’s like my only reason for existence is taking the blame for my brothers actions otherwise I’m practically invisible. I know he needs attention because he’s sick and been in and out of the hospital but even before then he was always obviously the favorite. We are both artists I create characters he draws Minecraft things and gods and stuff (I don’t wanna be rude but his drawings look kinda well weird) and when he showed one of his drawings to my parents they were like “OMG that’s amazing!!! You so good!” And then they’ll post it all over their social media. He’s not that young so it’s not like when their young and you want to boost their confidence and stuff. Everyone I mean everyone I know loves his drawings and talks about how he’s the talent in the family. My parents exaggerate things taking drawings he did when he was 5 and saying it was from when he was 2. They never even look at my drawings so how do they know which is better. Ugh everything he does is such a big deal to everyone but if I do something then they will only see the fault in it. “The hand looks weird” “I don’t like it” “your the worst artist here” and they only look at my old drawings not my new good ones, like what do expect I was like 7 when I drew that stop judging me when I never even asked you opinion. I feel invisible. No one knows when and why I’m sad. No one cares about what I might feel or want to do. It’s always everyone else before me. But when will someone see me? Never I’m just another speck of dust floating in the air with no one there to care about me.
That’s all ✌️
Rachel_2020

Postby xXx-pug-lover-xXx » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:25 am

Hi my sister is like the angel of the house. If she breaks something I get the blame. She gets anything she wants ☹
xXx-pug-lover-xXx

Postby Cats2021 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:36 pm

I am technically an only child but I have a step brother and stepsister and I am the youngest. AND I DON'T GET ANY SPECIAL TREATMENT. They do and my brother is 21 my sister is 23 and I am 14 and if any thing I'd say it is like a movie of Cinderella in here lol🙃
Hi
Cats2021

PreviousNext

Return to Relationship with Parents