Do your parents favour the youngest!?

Do your parents favour the youngest!?

Postby Charli bear07 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:58 pm

So today I was in tears because my little sis who is 6 decided to come into my room and put black paint all over the canvas that I had spent weeks on doing for school. When my mum heard me crying she said it was my fault I shouldn’t have left it ob MY OWN DESK and I should have put it up and not had the paint on MYOWN DESK in the first place.

Is this fair? How can she get away with ruining something on purpose and not get into trouble for it!?
Charli bear07

Re: Do your parents favour the youngest!?

Postby Vekava » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:33 pm

Because she is 6? Parents do not favour younger siblings, but they are aware that a 6yo doesn't really understand why what they did is wrong. But on the other hand, your Mom should explain to your little sister it's not OK.
Vekava

Postby Castle_Byers » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:53 pm

She is six she knew what she did was wrong. My brother is six as well and he gets away with things alot to and everything he does can somehow turn around to being my fault
Castle_Byers

Postby Vaeh760 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Of she is 6 then yea it's not right cause she should knows the rights and wrongs. She knows that wasn't okay to do. I paint so I know your feeling I still have the paint and everytime I see I get mad. It takes me a couple of weeks to do it too.
Vaeh760

Postby Vekava » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:54 pm

Castle_Byers wrote:She is six she knew what she did was wrong. My brother is six as well and he gets away with things alot to and everything he does can somehow turn around to being my fault

Oh, they are twins? I guess your parents are very tired people! :D
Anyway, if you feel they both are getting away with things, you have to talk with your parents. But try to be as calm as possible, so no crying no yelling, just sit them down and tell them you feel like they are not being fer to all of you kids.
Vekava

Postby cacahuate86 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:11 pm

Here's the thing parents won't tell you - they do have favorites. They love all of you the same, but there is always one kid that's more 'theirs', that they click with the most. At least that's my experience. I'm the only girl in my family and I have five brothers. I never thought about any one of us being favored over the others, although younger kids do of course demand and need more attention. But the older I got, the closer my dad and I grew... and the more obvious it became that he heavily favored me over the boys. It's still a point of contention between two of my brothers and I, even though my dad's been dead for 2 1/2 years now.
Anyway, I really just think that your parents are tired with two young kids and expect you to be the mature child, who doesn't start crying at any given moment, like the little ones. Is it fair? No. But it is nothing unusual.
Maybe explain to your sister that you'll paint something with her together... on a canvas that she can use all on her own if she wants to. At 6 she's old enough to understand that what she was doing was wrong. But I think she just wanted her big sister's attention. I'm sure she thinks you hang the moon. Show her some love and give her some of your time and she won't act out like this.
Sapere aude
cacahuate86

Postby Selenelion » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:07 pm

Yeah, everyone has favorites.
Selenelion

Postby Charli bear07 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:42 pm

cacahuate86 wrote:Here's the thing parents won't tell you - they do have favorites. They love all of you the same, but there is always one kid that's more 'theirs', that they click with the most. At least that's my experience. I'm the only girl in my family and I have five brothers. I never thought about any one of us being favored over the others, although younger kids do of course demand and need more attention. But the older I got, the closer my dad and I grew... and the more obvious it became that he heavily favored me over the boys. It's still a point of contention between two of my brothers and I, even though my dad's been dead for 2 1/2 years now.
Anyway, I really just think that your parents are tired with two young kids and expect you to be the mature child, who doesn't start crying at any given moment, like the little ones. Is it fair? No. But it is nothing unusual.
Maybe explain to your sister that you'll paint something with her together... on a canvas that she can use all on her own if she wants to. At 6 she's old enough to understand that what she was doing was wrong. But I think she just wanted her big sister's attention. I'm sure she thinks you hang the moon. Show her some love and give her some of your time and she won't act out like this.

Thanks! The thing is I’m 13 and she’s just turned 7. I told her multiple time’s don’t come into my room and touch the paint because I was doing a very important school assignment. I only started crying because I felt like I had just failed my assignment for art as it was due the next day. She put black paint into a white cancas
Charli bear07

Postby Castle_Byers » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:21 am

I'm 13 my brother is 6
Castle_Byers

Postby itsasia » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:25 am

My 12 year old brother is a verbal abuser. Hes young but hes ruthless. He doesnt get in trouble for half the stuff, but when I do it it's the worst thing in the world
itsasia

Next

Return to Relationship with Parents