Who has a mom that does not let their kids have social media

Re: Who has a mom that does not let their kids have social m

Postby Slytherin_Songsx » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:46 am

u guys... idk how but my mom installed family link on my phone but she didn't check, she installed the parent one so basically i can like, increase the screen time and everyt on my phone and my parents dk that
☾︎Sly☽︎
Slytherin_Songsx

Postby Srahjazz96 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:35 am

my mom doesn't let me have instagram or snapchat but i have tik tok and youtube but i still use instagram and snapchat anyway because I'm 13 and I believe I should be able to but I have nearly been caught and I'm not saying you should use it anyway because that is bad advice
Srahjazz96

Postby Imnotgonnaputmyname » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:17 am

I think that once a kid turns 13 they should be allowed social media, that’s the age you have to be anyway
Imnotgonnaputmyname

Postby Srahjazz96 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:27 am

Imnotgonnaputmyname wrote:I think that once a kid turns 13 they should be allowed social media, that’s the age you have to be anyway

exactly when i have kids (depending on how mature they are) i would let them have social media at 12-13 my mom expects me ton wait til i am 16
Srahjazz96

Postby Imnotgonnaputmyname » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:31 am

My mum keeps saying that I can get Facebook and insta but never actually let’s me. I’ve kinda given up because even if I did she would set it up on private
Imnotgonnaputmyname

Postby Selenelion » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:00 pm

I'd determine it on my kids maturity level. But I'd do what my mom does. I have to have a private account, can't put my location, age, school or last name in my bio, and only accept follow requests from people I know. (She also said I couldn't post pictures of myself/family but I find that ridiculous since I have a private account.) It's a smart system. I also didn't get it until I was 14, when she finally either gave in or thought I was ready to handle it. My kid has to be over 13, but I'll decide when they can have it.
Selenelion

Postby Imnotgonnaputmyname » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:49 am

My kids will be allowed a public account. What’s the point in social media if people aren’t seeing what you post.
Also, in response to the followers, I don’t care who they follow or who follows them. It’s up to them. As long as they’re smart enough to not give out private information then I have no business getting involved
Imnotgonnaputmyname

Postby blynn_raine » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:57 pm

Imnotgonnaputmyname wrote:My kids will be allowed a public account. What’s the point in social media if people aren’t seeing what you post.
Also, in response to the followers, I don’t care who they follow or who follows them. It’s up to them. As long as they’re smart enough to not give out private information then I have no business getting involved

same. i’m going to care abt them, but not take away being a teen. i want them to live life, i don’t want to shelter them their whole life. i’ll still pop in their phone every once in awhile to make sure everything’s good
blynn_raine

Postby Lou30 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:12 am

My mother doesn't let me have anything but tiktok and messenger kids so mmmmmm
Lou30

Postby ifoundmycookies » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:59 am

whats the diff between messenger and the kids version? are there more controls?
ifoundmycookies

PreviousNext

Return to Relationship with Parents