how to talk to your dad

how to talk to your dad

Postby step1128 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:38 am

My mom is out of the picture. I started my period two months ago and he doesnt know. I get really bad PMS so I get moody and don't feel well. When my dad asks me whats wrong I just say "headaches". I really want to tell him. How can I make it as not awkward as possible?
step1128

Re: how to talk to your dad

Postby Shraams » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:54 am

Tell him your "monthly girl problem" has started, or another subtle way without using the word "period" if that's what makes you uncomfortable. Your dad obviously has prepared himself for this inevitable situation and men are mature about it, not like boys your age. It'll be just fine.
Shraams

Postby Leelee.hunter24 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:28 pm

take a deep breath, and just say it. bc honestly,it is impossible for it to be anything other than AWKWARD lol. But he is a mature adult who has most likely had to even buy
tamps and pads before. Even make it a laugh if thats what makes you comfortable. I went through the same thing bc I lived with my dad, and the way I brought it up is asking him for 10 bucks while we were at the store, and he asked for what, and I told him what I needed and he said "ok enough said"
Leelee.hunter24

Postby Leelee.hunter24 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:31 pm

or if you two go to the store, that could possibly be the easiest way. Just tell him you gotta get your "woman stuff", take off, grab what you need, stick it in the cart and I guarentee he probably wont even say anything about it, bc he would probably Avoid talking about it..that doesnt mean he doesnt care though.
Leelee.hunter24

Postby matie4eva » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Maybe u can write him a note or send him a txt. Good luck
matie4eva

Postby Maddiesmommy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:54 am

your dad is a grown man and he has dealt with women who have had their period before, I am sure with your mother out of the picture that he is waiting for the day that this topic will come up. just tell him, is you still don't feel comfortable find a female family member that you can tell.
Maddiesmommy

Postby u_know_who_it_is » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:50 am

Tell Him because he needs to know he should know what a girl goes through because his mom and his sister and exes go through
u_know_who_it_is

Return to Relationship with Parents