Cramps

Cramps

Postby Cheycat » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:11 am

How do I relieve bad cramps. This period has been kinda heavy with bad cramps. Any advice????
Cheycat

Re: Cramps

Postby MV2020 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:25 am

Heating pad or a sock with warm rice.
MV2020

Postby Cheycat » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:34 am

Tried that did nothing also tried medication did nothing
Cheycat

Postby Beardog » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:34 am

Try doing some stretching like yoga or go for a nice long walk, basically some mild exersize can help relax the muscles. Or gently massage the area to help relax.

Other than that you can try a different medication like ibuprofen or acetaminophen to help with the pain and inflammation. Also use a hot water bottle or heat pad often to help release some of the pressure.

If all else fails, it sounds like you might want to take a trip to the doctor to make sure nothing else is going on that's causing you pain. Normal menstrual cramps should go away with medication and other remedies.
Beardog

Postby xXx-pug-lover-xXx » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:34 am

Cheycat wrote:How do I relieve bad cramps. This period has been kinda heavy with bad cramps. Any advice????

Hi I didnt think I would start yesterday but I've been up all night with my bad cramps and its 01:33am where I am I'm currently watching YouTube but I hate that I've been surprised by my period cause I go back to school in 2 days from isolating 😂😔
xXx-pug-lover-xXx

Postby UhhhhMattia07 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:47 pm

i dont suggest doing stretches and exrcise on ur period bc when i did i got a horrible cramp and couldnt get up just drink water and advil and take a nap that helps me
UhhhhMattia07

Postby Unicorn_1320 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm

Being active is great on your period. You should try and move around, don’t do intense workouts. I always play soccer and do yoga on my period and it helps. I would recommend to try and go for a short walk, if the pain keeps getting worse then maybe go lie down. If the pain is super bad and nothing seems to help then I think you may need to see a doctor about it.
Unicorn_1320

Postby Radio_Girl » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:43 pm

I somewhat agree with Unicorn. I started track a couple weeks ago. I had a track meet on my period where I ran the one mile and two mile (we were a 3a school going against 5a schools) I broke both of my personal records, won 2nd in the mile, and 3rd in the 2 mile. Also, I'm a freshman.

This post wasn't to brag (although, I don't mind if it sounded like it) I just don't want people to think their period will stop them from doing what they want/love. Obviously, if it makes you feel uncomfortable, don't worry about it, but with training and staying active, your period shouldn't affect any of that.
Radio_Girl

Postby Arya Dröttningu » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:58 am

I did intense exercise on my period once and it made the already dizzying pain much, much worse. I felt so nauseous and faint afterwards. Tbh I don't know what I was thinking🤦🏼‍♀️. Please don't be stupid like me and listen to your body. Start with gentle exercises like walking and stretching. Then, if you feel fine, increase the intensity if you really want to.
Arya Dröttningu

Postby ravenwhite06 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:58 am

Skating and doi g high knees help and if you exercise or be physically active alit when off your period soon you won't be in pain when on your period I have 5 siblings and I have to be really active to be able to keep up with them so when I got my first period it was painfully but the rest after my first one I only have pain once every blue moon
ravenwhite06

Return to Teen Menstruation