Does your Overall Size Affect your Vagina Size?

Does your Overall Size Affect your Vagina Size?

Postby Radio_Girl » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:11 am

Today was my first day trying to put in a tampon and I started to get pretty stressed.

I'm a really skinny girl for my height (and in general) and was wondering if that corresponds with the size of your vagina. I was wondering this because I tried a size small tampon and it didnt feel like it was going in at all.

Is there such thing as an extra small tampon either? I guess I could also be doing something wrong...
Radio_Girl

Re: Does your Overall Size Affect your Vagina Size?

Postby Beardog » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:41 am

You might be inserting the tampon wrong?

Your actual vagina size doesn't change with weight, but your labia (the fleshy outside area) can get bigger if you gain weight since it holds fat deposits.
Beardog

Postby Radio_Girl » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:27 am

Beardog wrote:You might be inserting the tampon wrong?

Your actual vagina size doesn't change with weight, but your labia (the fleshy outside area) can get bigger if you gain weight since it holds fat deposits.

Okay, thanks :) To be honest, I didn't give it very many tries before I gave up because I had to be somewhere, but for some reason that question was stuck in my head.

If anyone else has tips on tampons that would be greatly appreciated!
Radio_Girl

Postby Lizzie5217806 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:56 pm

Are you using an applicator? I first tried an applicator and it wasn’t working so I started using o.b. tampons (you insert them with your fingers) with a little bit of lubricant. I found it a lot easier. I know it sounds gross, but before you insert it, wash your hands and find the hole with your finger. Remember, your vagina is not a 90 degree angle. I can finally use the applicators and they are much more comfortable and easy to insert then ob, but ob’s are great to start with. I wish you luck 😘❤️
Lizzie5217806

Postby Lizzie5217806 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:58 pm

Also, just relax
Lizzie5217806

Postby Radio_Girl » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:20 pm

Lizzie5217806 wrote:Are you using an applicator? I first tried an applicator and it wasn’t working so I started using o.b. tampons (you insert them with your fingers) with a little bit of lubricant. I found it a lot easier. I know it sounds gross, but before you insert it, wash your hands and find the hole with your finger. Remember, your vagina is not a 90 degree angle. I can finally use the applicators and they are much more comfortable and easy to insert then ob, but ob’s are great to start with. I wish you luck 😘❤️

Awesome! Thank you so much, thankfully there's plenty of posts on tampons in this forum, so I've also been looking at those which has helped. I'm sure I'll give it another shot soon <3
Radio_Girl

Postby Lizzie5217806 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:25 pm

😊
Lizzie5217806

Postby Radio_Girl » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:41 pm

Awww, this was the second topic I ever made and I remember I was so stressed. I wish I could talk to my "past me" and tell her everything would work out.

To any girls who who are reading my original post, no, you're height to weight ratio/BMI isn't going to affect the size of tampon you need. It depends on your flow and how wet you are when inserting and removing your tampon. Although, skinnier girls will often have a lighter flow than heavier girls, so in a way, it kinda corresponds.

My issue was that I placing only the tip of the applicator on my vagina, then trying to push it up, I didnt realize you had to stick it all the way in :roll:
Radio_Girl

Postby Strawberry123 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:49 am

Radio_Girl wrote:Awww, this was the second topic I ever made and I remember I was so stressed. I wish I could talk to my "past me" and tell her everything would work out.

To any girls who who are reading my original post, no, you're height to weight ratio/BMI isn't going to affect the size of tampon you need. It depends on your flow and how wet you are when inserting and removing your tampon. Although, skinnier girls will often have a lighter flow than heavier girls, so in a way, it kinda corresponds.

My issue was that I placing only the tip of the applicator on my vagina, then trying to push it up, I didnt realize you had to stick it all the way in :roll:

That's false. Body size/weight has no bearing on how heavy or light your flow is.
Strawberry123

Postby Radio_Girl » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:21 pm

Strawberry123 wrote:Body size/weight has no bearing on how heavy or light your flow is.

Oh, okay, you're right. I had learned from personal experience with friends that my heavier friends often had heavier flows, but I think I realize my misconception. Diet and exercise can affect your hormones, therefore, it could affect how heavy/long your period is.
Radio_Girl

Next

Return to Teen Menstruation