BABY FEVER!!

Re: BABY FEVER!!

Postby Krimzin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:36 am

I had the same issue when I was younger. I'm 25 now and have a two year old who is just too dang cute and smart. What helped me in my teen (16-18)years was one protected s*x(birthcontrol, condoms, ect),to minimize sexual urges which for me made me want a baby more. It was also helpful to babysit for family members or neighbors as it filled that ache for quite a while. I would babysit multiple times a week after school and on weekends. I also volunteered at local Nurseries or play places that had toddlers and babies. Plus it looked really good on college applications as well as job applications. You also get paid to play and watch the children so it's a win win. You help out tired and stressed parents and you fill your need to have a baby for a little bit. Even if it is only for a little but you would learn the basics of caring for a child which will be helpful once you guys reach an age where you feel comfortable enough to have children preferably after college but do what feels right to you there is no perfect time to have kids. Although for the sake of your own sanity and your parents atleast wait until you have finished high school. Kids are a lot of work I only have one and she drives me crazy as is.
Krimzin

Postby MzBrightEyez » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:10 am

I've had baby fever since I was 14 and I actually tried at 15 but failed which is a good thing... (I would say), I'm now 19 and it's stronger than ever, my boyfriend (24) and I can afford now but he thinks we should wait another 4 years he said that he isn't ready to be a dad yet but that's so hard for me... having that feeling for so long being financially ready but still having to wait.....
MzBrightEyez

Postby doggieshe » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:57 am

Try making a list of the pros and con's of having a child with your boyfriend and be honest with yourselves, think of simple questions to answer and look at your results. (Ex. Are both your and your boyfriends parents in agreement? Can you financially support a child?)
Also remember all babies grow into young children.
If it turns out that you realize you are not ready to have a child then consider babysitting to maybe help soothe your baby fever.
Hope this helped some.
doggieshe

Postby AC*DC » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:23 am

Baby fever can suck. I was 15 when I had my daughter and omg it was so hard. K don't want to say I regret but it sucks when you've never known anything but being a mother. My advice would be to wait, truly. Why rush!?! I had my third child when I was 22 and sometimes its a struggle, kids can drive you crazy! Motherhood is the hardest thing you'll ever do in life.
AC*DC

Postby Kthomas0285 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:37 pm

I'm also 17 and really want a baby! It's hard because my bf doesn't want a baby rn and I don't want to hold him back. It's hard to have one knowing it would ruin him financially and I think he will do well in the future. I really want a baby though and I have for quite a while though. My parents would support me and It's hard to choose what to do
Kthomas0285

Postby AC*DC » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:37 pm

I would advise you to wait. At 17 you have no type of career to support a baby let alone provide for them as they get older and college. Why rush? You have time. Why not enjoy your teen years, you don't even know the life of an adult yet, why be a mother before you even live? I had my daughter at 15 and it was hard and doesn't ever get easier. Do you have a job and your own place yet? If he said he doesn't want a baby yet why do you feel then that it is even still a choice? He has just as much right to choose as you. He said no so your answer as long as you're with him the answer to a baby is NO. Also remember if you choose to do this without his consent then he has no obligation to stay IMO especially if he's under the impression you're on BC. You don't want to be a single mother before you're even legally an adult. Also remember that just because you have a baby doesn't mean you don't have to work, Idk why women get pregnant and have a child then use it as an excuse not to work, so can you hold down a full time job to support your child and raise a baby??!! Its hard I'll tell you that much!!!
AC*DC

Postby Radio_Girl » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:00 am

Argh, I have major baby fever right now :( I was at my cousin's birthday party and I got to watch my baby cousin. I can't stop thinking about having a baby of my own.

I obviously don't wanna have a kid till I'm at least in my twenties, so does anyone have any tips to get them off my mind?
Radio_Girl

Postby beautiful_bi_queen » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:01 am

i had a little bit of that fever today when i saw some babies.
beautiful_bi_queen

Location: “past is the past anyways, we cant change it. we can only strive to be better in the future.”-Cookie

Postby Nsabella » Mon May 03, 2021 1:42 am

Just a couple things to keep in mind. A baby costs around 1 million dollars to raise, this is without college ECT. You will get judged, which is terrible, but it will happen. Depending, your body won't be able to support it and I'd you are a teen you might not be able to have another child. And if you have a baby, there is a high chance, since you are young, it will be a preemie, or suffer from something. Not saying you shouldn't have a baby, just some warnings :)
Nsabella

Postby PositiveVibes08 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:36 pm

I used to get baby fever every time I visited my cousin Alba (she's 3 now) because she's so adorable!
It's gotten worse since Noah was born (2 months ago).

The only thing that can keep me from it overflowing is the cost, lol.
I do not have a broad enough allowance, and have to wait a year b4 I can get a job.

So just living with it. 12 years to go!
✨Sparks✨
PositiveVibes08

PreviousNext

Return to Teen Menstruation