Huawei & Honor Mobile - How to fix push notifications?

Thanks for your support, your suggestion is very valuable to us.

Huawei & Honor Mobile - How to fix push notifications?

Postby abishkking » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:32 am

How to fix the push notifications on Huawei and Honor phones? (Also Samsung Galaxy J3)
The EMUI of Huawei Android based phones is using very aggressive battery saving methods. These Huawei's proprietary features may cause our app's reminders unreachable when running in the background.
Android version is lower than 8.0

Huawei EMUI 4.0 4.0.1 4.1.4

Proceed please with following steps:

1. Go to Settings -> Advanced settings -> Battery manager -> Protected apps, then find the app you want to see notifications from (My Calendar), and protect it. This is "whitelisting" the app so Huawei's overeager software doesn't shut it down for no reason.
ImageImage
ImageImage
2. Go to Settings -> Apps -> advanced -> Ignore battery optimizations, then find the app (My Calendar) and ignore it. Don't be tricked by the misleading wording, "ignoring" the app actually means to let it run, because you're telling the battery optimization function to "ignore" that app.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
3. Go to Settings -> Notification panel & status bar -> Notification centre, then find the app (My Calendar), then activate "allow notifications" and also "priority display". You have to activate the priority part too to make sure you get notifications.
ImageImage
ImageImage
4. Restart your phone.

Huawei EMUI 3.0

1. Go to Settings -> All -> Power saving -> Details-> Keep running after screen off, then find the app (My Calendar) and protect it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
2.Go to Settings -> All -> Protected apps ,then find the app (My Calendar) and protect it.
ImageImage
3.Go to Settings -> All -> Notification centre, then find the app (My Calendar), then activate "allow notifications" and also "priority display". You have to activate the priority part too to make sure you get notifications.
ImageImage
4.Restart your phone.

Android 8.0 or above
Huawei EMUI 8.0

1.Go to Settings -> Battery -> Launch -> Manage batch manually, Then find the app(My Calendar) ,Then check the Auto-launch, Secondary launch, Run in background option.
ImageImage
ImageImage
2.Go to Settings -> App & notifications -> Notification management, then find the app (My Calendar), then activate "allow notifications" and also "priority display". You have to activate the priority part too to make sure you get notifications.
ImageImage
ImageImage
3.Click Settings > Apps and Notifications > Apps > Settings > Special Access > Ignore Battery Optimization > My Calendar to set the allow.
ImageImageImageImage
4.Turn on the bright notification Click Settings > Apps and Notifications > Notifications & Status Bar Settings > Notifications turn on Screen, turn this switch on
ImageImage
5.Confirm the power saving mode,Click setting > Battery , please do not choose Ultra power saving mode , and do not choose power saving mode
6.Restart your phone.
abishkking
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Suggestion