Pregnancy and birth control help

Trying to get pregnant

Pregnancy and birth control help

Postby Nyss6800 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:09 pm

Okay so me and my boyfriend have decided to start trying for a baby now for personal/medical reasons. I am on birth control right now but barely started on the 9th. Inactive pills are said to start on the 30th. Is there a way to stop taking them now to avoid bleeding when we start trying? We plan to start trying for a week starting the 25th. Is it possible to be completely clear of the birth control hormones by then so I can get pregnant? Also how long until a pregnancy test would show positive if I were pregnant?
Sincerely, Maxxe
Nyss6800

Re: Pregnancy and birth control help

Postby Ever-ely » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:25 am

You can only get pregnant over your fertile window. At the moment you don’t know when this will be because the pill stops you from ovulating. If you stop right now, you might still ovulate this month and have a chance of conceiving but it could also cause you to start your period early or make you have two periods this month... you would be better off completing this months pills and stopping once you start your period.

As for when can you test, most pregnancy tests are only accurate on or after the day that your period is supposed to start. Basically, if your period doesn’t show up when it’s supposed to that’s when you test.
Ever-ely

Postby Nyss6800 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:10 pm

So I decided to just stop taking the pill. My period was supposed to start the day I started the pill so I imagine I’ll only get one period for the month and if it comes when I expect it, I should be ovulating on the week me and my bf will try to conceive. If anything we’ll try again in May
Sincerely, Maxxe
Nyss6800

Postby Ever-ely » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:03 am

All the best hun, I wish you luck.
Ever-ely

Postby sherr77 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:15 am

Yes, just complete the pack and then start. That's what I did and got pregnant right away.
sherr77

Postby Nyss6800 » Mon May 03, 2021 6:10 am

Update, tried conceiving for a week. 3 times a day, all penetrative and finished inside each time. Tho I did lose my virginity that week too so I’m guessing the extreme nausea, vomiting, migraines, dizziness, fatigue, cravings, and sensitive sense of smell is because of me losing my virginity and not due to pregnancy. Seems too early, right? Or can I be pregnant? The internet is very 50/50 on it like some say it’s because i lost my virginity but others say it’s because of early pregnancy symptoms due to the huge change of hormones from conceiving but idk. Any advice? Cuz I really am confused. Of course I did take two pregnancy tests, both came out with a faint positive pregnancy line. Idk if that means that i am pregnant but the hormone levels are too low to show a clearly visible positive line or that I’m just not pregnant at all. I really don’t know what any of this means. Please help, I’m gonna start to stress too much over this, I’m already experiencing extreme paranoia
Sincerely, Maxxe
Nyss6800

Postby Ever-ely » Mon May 03, 2021 10:39 am

Unfortunately there’s no right answer to give you. Your symptoms could be from losing your virginity, from pregnancy or from your body adjusting to the hormone surge occurring after going off the pill. There’s very little difference in the symptoms you might experience from any of this because it’s all caused by the same thing... a rise in hormones levels. All you can do is wait and see if your period shows up. Or you can keep testing every couple of days and see if the line gets any darker.
Ever-ely

Postby MixedCouple » Tue May 04, 2021 11:09 am

It can also be PMS symptoms as your body take a while to adjust after you stop the pill.
Also 3 times a day every day will decrease aperm quality. Aim to BD once every 2 - 3 days in your fertile week and then 3-4 times in a week outside your fertile weeks. After you period and week after fertile week your covered both ends
MixedCouple

Postby Nyss6800 » Sun May 09, 2021 5:11 am

Update, all other symptoms i was feeling before except Nausea are now gone but now I’m spotting and cramping. I thought it was the start of my period but it’s wayyyy too light for a period. Also I shall mention I’ve never actually spotted before through my life until now??? I’m so confused, is this normal?
Sincerely, Maxxe
Nyss6800

Postby MixedCouple » Tue May 18, 2021 7:27 am

Yes couple years ago my cycles changed. I started spotring 3 days before my actual period started out of the blue. And the colour changed. I always was a beight red throughtout kinda gal but then it went to spotting dark brown for 2/3 days then dark red flow and then back to spotting 2/3 days. Cycles change up as you age it's normal.
MixedCouple

Next

Return to Trying to get pregnant