Relationships and Break ups

Relationship with your partner

Relationships and Break ups

Postby Sydney123456 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:14 pm

I just broke up with my boy friend of about 6 years and I don't know if it was the right choice. I know it was probably dor the best but now I think "who will want me with all the weight I gained ?" , " Maybw I should just stay in the relationship with him knowing we would never be more than s*x friends.
Please I need some advise
P.S. I am 28 and I would love to be married with kids by 31
Sydney123456

Re: Relationships and Break ups

Postby G_bb_90 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:11 pm

don't do it girl. I am 25 well I also think I am a bit late (culture). But don't do it, having a sexual relationship will prevent you from finding the right one. Just go on dates (don't sleep around) find the person that you think in your heart will be the right one and most importantly say it directly: "I am looking for a stable and long term relationship". That is how you scare the players and you get the one who also wants marriage.
I did that, I installed a dating app and I sayed that the person I will be with will be my last, and boy how many of them were quick to run and hide. But that is how I found my boyfriend who also was looking for a marriage deal.
I know it is hard, but remember being with the wrong person will delay your goal.
G_bb_90

Postby AnnieLove1234 » Sat May 01, 2021 10:46 am

Don't sleep with him, if you continue. He might feel like he has power to control you and to mess with your feelings.

I am a strong believer that a relationship is not just about s*x. Its about caring.

If there was something missing out of your relationship, let him go. You will regret it in the long run.

Keep looking, im struggling with my relationship. Im also late 25, I really want a kid but I don't want to be miserable
AnnieLove1234

Postby GloryS » Sat May 01, 2021 11:35 am

Sydney123456 wrote: but now I think "who will want me with all the weight I gained ?"

If you gained weight and feel uncomfortable and unhealthy - you always can start doing something about it and come back to the shape when you are feeling good about yourself. With the mindset you have now chances to meet someone decent is low. Change first what you think about yourself and learn to love yourself first and then you'll meet someone worthy in no time. Good luck.
GloryS

Postby Sydney123456 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:15 pm

GloryS wrote:
Sydney123456 wrote: but now I think "who will want me with all the weight I gained ?"

If you gained weight and feel uncomfortable and unhealthy - you always can start doing something about it and come back to the shape when you are feeling good about yourself. With the mindset you have now chances to meet someone decent is low. Change first what you think about yourself and learn to love yourself first and then you'll meet someone worthy in no time. Good luck.

Thanks Gloria S, I actually started going to the gym . And I want to focus on working on feeling good about myself.
Sydney123456

Postby Sydney123456 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:17 pm

AnnieLove1234 wrote:Don't sleep with him, if you continue. He might feel like he has power to control you and to mess with your feelings.

I am a strong believer that a relationship is not just about s*x. Its about caring.

If there was something missing out of your relationship, let him go. You will regret it in the long run.

Keep looking, im struggling with my relationship. Im also late 25, I really want a kid but I don't want to be miserable

Very True Annie, because at the end if the day , even with the s*x , I used to feel lonely .
Sydney123456

Postby Allie88 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:33 pm

Not worth it, not the time, or energy nor more heartbreak. You have to also realise theres more to people than whats on the outside. You can also use this as an opportunity to better yourself, especially when you just feel down and not liking yourself - just go for a walk, exercise, do stuff, do things you never tried before - because why not?

To be married and have kids you really need to do it with the right person not because clock is ticking so just take time and look after self 1st
Allie88

Return to Adult Relationship