Are they any Christians???

Relationship with your partner

Re: Are they any Christians???

Postby Allie88 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:46 am

cacahuate86 wrote:
Forever for Him 2003 wrote:Yes very good thing to bond over!😂. I believe the world, Universe and all life began 6,000-7,000 yrs ago give or take 1,000 or 2,000 yrs. What about you?
There is nothing to belive. If we have observable, measurable data we already know. Our universe is 13.8 billion years old, the Earth is 4.54 billion years old, and life on Earth started at least 3.465 billion years ago.

Its also shocking that theres still a large number of people today believe that the earth is flat and dont even know that the map of the world as we know - is not a true representation of how large or small some countries are. Like African continent is far far bigger, Russia is a lot smaller and so on than represented on a pretty map... US and Canada are also not as large or vast as represented nor is Greenland.
Allie88

Postby MixedCouple » Fri May 07, 2021 10:53 am

Allie88 wrote:
cacahuate86 wrote:
Forever for Him 2003 wrote:Yes very good thing to bond over!😂. I believe the world, Universe and all life began 6,000-7,000 yrs ago give or take 1,000 or 2,000 yrs. What about you?
There is nothing to belive. If we have observable, measurable data we already know. Our universe is 13.8 billion years old, the Earth is 4.54 billion years old, and life on Earth started at least 3.465 billion years ago.

Its also shocking that theres still a large number of people today believe that the earth is flat and dont even know that the map of the world as we know - is not a true representation of how large or small some countries are. Like African continent is far far bigger, Russia is a lot smaller and so on than represented on a pretty map... US and Canada are also not as large or vast as represented nor is Greenland.

Then to throw in some well known conspiracy theories. Have you seen the earth from space yourself with Your own eyes? Nope all we are given is from Nasa and a select few people.... "Que X-files music".
MixedCouple

Postby cacahuate86 » Fri May 07, 2021 11:34 am

Allie88 wrote:
cacahuate86 wrote:

I have an AutoGraph world map on my office wall and it's funny how many students look at it with an expression that just tells you they've never seen it and weren't even aware of how inaccurate, racist and imperialistic the Mercator projection is. Always surprising how little people really know about the world they live in and how much of what they're told or presented with they take at face value.
To this day and despite the success story that is modern scientific progress, scepticism, how to conduct proper scientific and academic research, how to spot reliable sources... none of those are promoted as general skills everyone should aspire to.
Sapere aude
cacahuate86

Postby Allie88 » Fri May 07, 2021 11:53 am

Well...select few people that have google-fu skills can go onto .edu sites and look those up and more of the images, videos etc. One can also do the math to compare size themselves and/or also read tiny script on the traditional globe or a map that says its not to scale.
Allie88

Postby Allie88 » Fri May 07, 2021 12:13 pm

cacahuate86 wrote:I have an AutoGraph world map on my office wall and it's funny how many students look at it with an expression that just tells you they've never seen it and weren't even aware of how inaccurate, racist and imperialistic the Mercator projection is. Always surprising how little people really know about the world they live in and how much of what they're told or presented with they take at face value.
To this day and despite the success story that is modern scientific progress, scepticism, how to conduct proper scientific and academic research, how to spot reliable sources... none of those are promoted as general skills everyone should aspire to.

Honestly im not a fan of our current education system that promotes the "correct" answers approach. Ofc that is easier, but use of practical skills and grading based on innovation, adaptability and application of knowledge to achieve results is still a new concept. And i think its unfortunate. Id love to see critical thinking becoming more important than learning off things just to get the X grade thats necessary to get into this or that university. I feel like we're still missing the balance between forcing plain factual knowledge and teaching actual understanding of concepts. I think previously its was really easily accepted that if its written - its a fact, and its also difficult to present now that despite the fact something is written, it should be verified and approved to be a fact. Its that critical thinking skill - to challenge whats given rather than readily accept what is being fed. A lot of people simply haven't developed that. And honestly i was the same until i started learning and reading more. And i noticed that sometimes you are compelled to trust one article over the other due to clever use of key words, stronger language - emotional pleas and even where the question of morality comes up; one simply begins to doubt themselves, facts and whats true and what isnt. So at the end of the day it still comes back to doing more research.
Allie88

Postby cacahuate86 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:11 pm

There's been a bit of a movement here in Austria and in Germany, a push towards what they call "competency development" (I'm not sure we can really translate it like that, since competency development seems to be a fixed term in English. It's more like competency-based learning) in high schools. In theory it sounds great, but the implementation is a bit of a mess :lol:
I think the greatest disadvantage is the overwhelming quantity of information out there. And you're right. Someone puts a youtube video out there, puts on a pair of glasses, uses big words, and people immediately think it must be right, this guy sounds 'smart'.
Wikipedia is the bane of our existence. Everyone can edit whatever they want. Who knows when the Wiki-Police comes by and checks that article. The references and further sources are just other websites that can post whatever they want, too. Even if you go to an actual bookstore and think "well, if they spend money on actually printing a physical book, it must be well-researched and 'right'." And yet... bullshit sells. As long as it sounds or looks flashy and creates buzz, it gets a spot on the bookshelves.
I recently participated in an anthology project where historians wrote short(ish) essays about historical events that they would have liked to be a part of or a fly on the wall for. I sent in my first draft and it basically came back immediately with one comment "We can't use that. Too many facts. We want more mood and scene-setting." I wrote a flipping essay about how the potato came to Prussia. They wanted to turn it into a thriller. I'm not going to lie, in the end my essay is the most boring of the bunch they're going to put in the book and I had zero fun writing it. The entire time I wrote this I was thinking "Nobody is going to read this trash. Why am I putting by reputation on the line for this nonsense?"
So, then I get the ARC and everyone in there is a big-name German, Austrian or Swiss historian (aside from me. I only got the offer to submit something because a colleague of mine, who should have submitted an essay, died unexpectedly and even then I was probably like 10th choice). So now I'm thinking "well, if these guys are in the book, maybe it's not crappy after all."
And it's not bad per se, it's just so... sad... that everthing has to be "entertainment" now to get into people's hands.
Sapere aude
cacahuate86

Postby Forever for Him 2003 » Fri May 07, 2021 2:07 pm

Yukino114 wrote:
Forever for Him 2003 wrote:Also Calvinism is the belief that God predestined people to go to Heaven when they die and also predestined people to go to Hell when they die. No matter if they're repentant or not. Your just born with a predetermined future with no choice in the matter.

Oh I see... so regardless of how they live their life?

Yep isn't it crazy!? You can be the sweetest person on the face of the earth and yet you can see still be predestinated for Hell. You can also be the worst person on earth and be predestinated for Heaven. You don't know until you die.
Forever for Him 2003

Postby Forever for Him 2003 » Fri May 07, 2021 2:11 pm

Yukino114 wrote:
Forever for Him 2003 wrote:
Yukino114 wrote:
Oh sure, definitely, ask away! I'll try to answer to my best ability, because as I learned at a young age from talking to people on this forum, I don't know everything 😂 but I will do my best and I hope I can answer your questions well 🙂

Thank you! So my first one is do you believe In Eternal Security, or Salvation, does Allah provide you with any hope after you die?

Do you mean like if we believe in a hereafter? Or whether a Muslim has a secured place in heaven or not because they are a Muslim?

Yeah exactly
Forever for Him 2003

Postby Forever for Him 2003 » Fri May 07, 2021 2:13 pm

cacahuate86 wrote:

Six Evidences of a Young Earth
Without millions and billions of years, evolutionary history completely falls apart. Here are just a few of many credible evidences from various branches of science that tell of a world much younger than evolutionists claim.

Evidence 1 Geology: Radiocarbon in Diamonds
Far from proving evolution, carbon-14 dating actually provides some of the strongest evidence for creation and a young earth. Radiocarbon (carbon-14) cannot remain naturally in substances for millions of years because it decays relatively rapidly. For this reason, it can only be used to obtain “ages” in the range of tens of thousands of years.
Scientists from the RATE (Radioisotopes and the Age of the Earth) project examined diamonds that evolutionists consider to be 1–2 billion years old and related to the earth’s early history. Diamonds are the hardest known substance and extremely resistant to contamination through chemical exchange.
Yet the RATE scientists discovered significant detectable levels of radiocarbon in these diamonds, dating them at around 55,000 years—a far cry from the evolutionary billions!
For more information, see Radiocarbon in Diamonds Confirmed. To learn more about diamonds and their formation, read this article by Dr. Andrew Snelling.

Evidence 2 Astronomy: Recession of the Moon
The gravitational pull of the moon creates a “tidal bulge” on earth that causes the moon to spiral outwards very slowly. Because of this effect, the moon would have been closer to the earth in the past. Based on gravitational forces and the current rate of recession, we can calculate how much the moon has moved away over time.
If the earth is only 6,000 years old, there’s no problem, because in that time the moon would have only moved about 800 feet (250 m). But most astronomy books teach that the moon is over four billion years old, which poses a major dilemma—less than 1.5 billion years ago the moon would have been touching the earth!
For more information, see Lunar Recession (based on this article) as well as The Age of the Universe, Part 2. We also recommend Video on Demand: Our Created Moon.

Evidence 3 Geology: Earth’s Decaying Magnetic Field
Like other planets, the earth has a magnetic field that is decaying quite rapidly. We are now able to measure the rate at which the magnetic energy is being depleted and develop models to explain the data.
Secular scientists invented a “dynamo model” of the earth’s core to explain how the field could have lasted over such a long period of time, but this model fails to adequately explain the data for the rapid decay and the rapid reversals that it has undergone in the past. (It also cannot account for the magnetic fields of other planets, such as Neptune and Mercury.)
However, the creationist model (based on the Genesis Flood) effectively and simply explains the data in regard to the earth’s magnetic field, providing striking evidence that the earth is only thousands of years old—and not billions.
For more information, see The Earth’s Magnetic Field and the Age of the Earth and section two of The Age of the Universe, Part 2.

Evidence 4 Biology: Dinosaur Soft Tissue
In recent years, there have been many findings of “wondrously preserved” biological materials in supposedly ancient rock layers and fossils. One such discovery that has left evolutionists scrambling is a fossilized Tyrannosaurus rex femur with flexible connective tissue, branching blood vessels, and even intact cells!
According to evolutionists, these dinosaur tissues are more than 65 million years old, but laboratory studies have shown that there is no known way—and likely none possible—for biological material to last more than thousands of years.
Could it be that evolutionists are completely wrong about how recently these dinosaurs lived?
To learn more, see “Ostrich-Osaurus” Discovery? and The Scrambling Continues. We also recommend the article Fossilized Biomaterials Must Be Young by Brian Thomas of ICR.

Evidence 5 Anthropology: Human Population Growth
It’s amazing what basic mathematics can show us about the age of the earth. We can calculate the years of human existence with the population doubling every 150 years (a very conservative figure) to get an estimate of what the world’s population should be after any given period of time.
A biblical age of the earth (about 6,000 years) is consistent with the numbers yielded by such a calculation. In contrast, even a conservative evolutionary age of 50,000 years comes out to a staggering, impossibly high figure of 10 to the 99th power—greater than the number of atoms in the universe!
Clearly, the claim that humans have inhabited the earth for tens of thousands of years is absurd!
For a better look at these calculations, see Billions of People in Thousands of Years?.

Evidence 6 Geology: Tightly Folded Rock Strata
When solid rock is bent, it normally cracks and breaks. Rock can only bend without fracturing when it is softened by extreme heating (which causes re-crystalization) or when the sediments have not yet fully hardened.
There are numerous locations around the world (including the famous Grand Canyon) where we observe massive sections of strata that have been tightly folded, without evidence of the sediments being heated.
This is a major problem for evolutionists who believe these rock layers were laid down gradually over vast eons of time, forming the geologic record. However, it makes perfect sense to creationists who believe these layers were formed rapidly in the global, catastrophic Flood described in Genesis.
To find out more, see Folded Rock Layers.

Does the age of the earth really matter?
While each of these evidences reveals reasons why the earth cannot be billions of years old, the real issue is not the age of the earth. Instead, the real issue is authority. God’s infallible Word must be our ultimate authority, not the unstable foundation of human reasoning. Are we trying to fit our interpretations of the world (e.g., evolution) into Scripture, or will we simply let God speak for Himself through His Word?

If we can’t trust the first chapters of Genesis, why should we believe when Scripture says that faith in Jesus Christ as the only way of salvation? (Romans 10:9; Acts 4:12; John 14:6)
But when we take Scripture as written, it’s clear that the earth can’t be more than a few thousand years old—and from a biblical worldview, the scientific evidence agrees!
Last edited by Forever for Him 2003 on Fri May 07, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Forever for Him 2003

Postby cacahuate86 » Fri May 07, 2021 2:20 pm

Forever for Him 2003 wrote:Yep isn't it crazy!? You can be the sweetest person on the face of the earth and yet you can see still be predestinated for Hell. You can also be the worst person on earth and be predestinated for Heaven. You don't know until you die.
Well, I get why Calvin would come to that conclusion. If the creator of everything really was eternally omniscient, then it would be predetermined. Calvin's the only one who takes the nature of the divine literally as it is stated in the bible.
I personally of course think the bible's wrong. But someone who claims to take the bible literally (at least on this issue) can't not be flirting with Calvinism. 🤷‍♀️

Forever for Him 2003 wrote:
cacahuate86 wrote:
So just as a question when did the Red wood Forest start growing? If we go by your time frame.
The oldest living redwoods are over 3,000 years old. The oldest bristlecone pines are as old as 5,000 years.
But those are trees still standing today.
The earliest redwoods evolved around 240 million years ago.
Sapere aude
cacahuate86

PreviousNext

Return to Adult Relationship