Why do they pull away

Relationship with your partner

Re: Why do they pull away

Postby Hanni108 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:55 am

You're welcome 😊

Huh. Yeah, "Don't bring the emotions in" really sounds like he's very unemotional and unattached type of guy. With someone like that pushing to talk or spend time with him will just drive him away. He'll talk and play ball when he wants to and not before. I agree with your assessment.
Hanni108

Postby Roxysmom45 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:43 pm

Yet after 4 months you'd think I'd see it by now and determine my next step but I was hooked into him. He seemed hooked into me..
Roxysmom45

Postby Hanni108 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:52 pm

It's very hard to see clearly when emotions are involved, especially during the early sunshine and roses part of a relationship...so don't be hard on yourself.

Perhaps he was genuinely just as hooked then too. Sometimes that is the case, then some external pressures come on and he clams up. Or perhaps the novelty of the first rush of the relationship is wearing off and he's stopped trying so hard and settled into old habits. Or perhaps something else has changed that he doesn't want to tell you about. It's also entirely possible he's just very good at pretending to get what he wants. Sadly there are more of those kind of men aroundt than there should be.

Whatever it is, be gentle on yourself dear.
Hanni108

Postby Roxysmom45 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:57 pm

Thank you again for your kind words. I've just about stopped talking to him now. He doesn't seem that interested in talking and hasn't really said much about meeting again so I'll just let him be. Got all defensive when I asked him to send me email address so I'm just letting him be. Already talking to some other friends I might see while I'm off work.
Roxysmom45

Postby Roxysmom45 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:50 pm

This man is just being an a*s lately. He makes me wanna cancel all plans and not talk to him anymore.
I finally heard from him this morning, gives me attitude for not sending the "good morning" text then he complained about why I don't talk to him and if I booked the room for this weekend yet. Once he started talking about the "you get your own place and cook for me (him)", I politely said I had things to get done and said goodbye and hung up the phone. I dont know what his problem is but I don't like it.
Roxysmom45

Postby Hanni108 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:23 pm

Roxysmom45 wrote:This man is just being an a*s lately. He makes me wanna cancel all plans and not talk to him anymore.
I finally heard from him this morning, gives me attitude for not sending the "good morning" text then he complained about why I don't talk to him and if I booked the room for this weekend yet. Once he started talking about the "you get your own place and cook for me (him)", I politely said I had things to get done and said goodbye and hung up the phone. I dont know what his problem is but I don't like it.

What a di*k! He's totally taking you for granted. Yeah, no. For me, I would call that quits right there. f**k that attitude. You're not his servant to come running as soon as he wants and get dismissed as soon as it's inconvenient for him.
Hanni108

Postby Roxysmom45 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:19 pm

Well I'm watching myself with him til Saturday...
Roxysmom45

Postby Roxysmom45 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:20 pm

Finally got a chance to get the anger off my chest with the man....he asked if I wanted to be with him anymore today in a text so I let him have it. Then I told him to stop bothering me and blocked him. I don't want that drama in my life!
Roxysmom45

Postby Hanni108 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:12 am

Well done!! I'm sorry it's ended but I'm glad you did it... you deserve better.
Hanni108

Postby Roxysmom45 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:19 am

Thank you! I didn't want to end it that way but he really didn't leave me a choice, I gave it my best effort the past few weeks every few days and it just wasn't working.
He did finally call a couple times but I just didn't wanna talk and then he sent one last message that "woman pick up the phone, stop being childish" and with that I blocked him! Have to inform my work today because he knows where I work.
Roxysmom45

PreviousNext

Return to Adult Relationship