Need some Medical Advise

Other topic

Need some Medical Advise

Postby MsEuphoric » Mon May 17, 2021 1:45 pm

Hi Guys, so I was not sure where to post it and decided to do it here. So I am a 23 year old. The thing is I have a terrible health issue. Nothing serious, but terrible because I am not sure why it’s happening. So this started three years ago, maybe four, not very sure. I used to catch cold often at first. But it wasn’t severe. I used to get it without a miss every month. I used to sneeze awfully a lot, atleast 25 to 30 times in a span of two hours, with constant runny nose, it water just keeps dripping like a broken tap, and suddenly I get nose block. And few minutes later, again the sneezing and runny nose, later congestion. Along with headache and exhaustion and itchiness in eyes, sometimes ear pain. But since I only got it once a month, I never bothered about it. I thought maybe it was because of all the travelling to college and stress. Then when I started working things got worse, I started getting cold every fortnight. I thought maybe because something wrong with immunity. So I started getting food conscious. And eat proper food along with yoga and running. Things seemed a bit fine. The sneezing was less. Now it’s lock down and I have been working from home for more than a year now. I am still conscious about my eating habits and take regular breaks and still workout. What’s worse is that. For over a year now, I have been falling sick every week. I catch cold every week. And it’s being a pain. A total pain. I am sure I don’t have issues with my immunity because I maintain myself. I depend a lot on Ayurvedic medication and take it everytime I fall sick. And to avoid falling sick, I take medicine regularly. Is someone out there facing this too? I am seriously done with it. My work life is getting effected and I am always exhausted. With constant headache. I don’t know if I am allergic. But I don’t eat any outside food or fried food, and still fall sick. I am not able to diagnose why this is happening. I have been doing a lot of browsing about this, and still not able to figure out the issue. Please help
MsEuphoric

Re: Need some Medical Advise

Postby Kamalama » Mon May 17, 2021 2:18 pm

One thing I can see from what you have written is the Ayurvedic medicine if you're taking that and still ill, have tried not taking it?
Kamalama

Postby Kamalama » Mon May 17, 2021 2:19 pm

Just because it's supposed to be healthy doesn't mean it agrees with your system.
Kamalama

Postby MsEuphoric » Tue May 18, 2021 4:40 am

Was supposed to go for a full body check up this month. But because of increase in Covid cases, it got canceled. I can atleast take the right medication, if I figure out what the problem is 🤧
MsEuphoric

Postby Kamalama » Tue May 18, 2021 7:36 am

Sounds like allergies...
Kamalama

Postby Allie88 » Tue May 18, 2021 8:33 am

Do 2 major things, clean your entire house top to bottom and clean up as much dust as you can - and while at it check for MOLD, green, blue and pink, almost sounds like you might have a mold issue in the house or just dust. If you do find mold, chlorine based mold killers are best, bleach works too but i found it stinks more and is little less potent. Spots with mold really need to be treated regularly to both minimise and prevent reoccurence of it regrowing. Also, keeping areas dry and free off damp will help immensely - as in to vent regularly, getting a dehumidifier and running it in problem places for few hours daily...

Lastly Ayurvedic medicine is not medicine, at best its herbal supplements. If they are not working, perhaps you're not even treating the right source of a problem. Theres no medicine for normal cold/ flu. But there are actual antihistamines to deal with allergies. However, all those are useless if you have mold issues at home, or theres a dust mite infestation.
Allie88

Postby cacahuate86 » Tue May 18, 2021 2:13 pm

You should have a proper medical check up once a year anyway. Not ayurvedic or alternative stuff... actually go to a real doctor who does a blood panel, an exercise/stress ECG, and just checks you out top to bottom.
Get a comprehensive allergies test as well, because I agree with Allie. This could easily be a household issue. Mold or allergies against dust mites or other pests.
Sapere aude
cacahuate86

Postby MsEuphoric » Thu May 20, 2021 10:49 am

Thank you guys😊. Yes, I have to check my house for molds. Never really thought of it. I’ll do that and also consult a doctor really soon
MsEuphoric

Return to Other topic