Self Confidence

Other topic

Self Confidence

Postby SC+JO » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:37 pm

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on feeling confident of one self. I have been having trouble. I already deleted Instagram, but still feel this way. Anyone have any tips?
SC+JO

Re: Self Confidence

Postby Pcwsd83 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:07 am

Here's how u think about it. No matter who you are there is always someone prettier, smarter, younger, skinnier, etc. Etc. I am just happy with what I was allotted.
Pcwsd83

Postby litbex » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:55 pm

This might not be helpful since everyone’s different, but I struggled with self confidence for a very long time and figured I may as well say my piece on the matter.
Like I said, I struggled with self confidence for a long time. And one day I realized I was exhausted at not liking myself, and decided I was going to be my own biggest fan, or at least act like I was. And then eventually, after a good amount of time I actually did become my biggest fan, if that makes sense. It’s the cliche “fake it til you make it” idea but it works. Trick your brain into loving yourself basically.
That said, I know it’s not easy to switch your mindset like that, you have to actively choose to do that everyday. And it’s not instantaneous, it absolutely took time. But eventually it becomes natural.
Whoever you are I’m sure you’re fantastic and you’ll figure out your own way to overcome this hurdle. I hope this helped or at least isn’t too long winded of a response.
litbex

Postby Ace404 » Thu May 06, 2021 9:08 pm

Hi there! I've been struggling with this a lot since the pandemic hit. One thing that has really helped me recently is something my tattoo artist told me. It's that "my body isn't me. My body is the vessel that holds who I am. How it looks does not change who I am." I absolutely loved that (even though they wording actually put me off a bit lol). The idea of it has helped me do much in the past month of so!
Ace404

Postby Hanni108 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:35 am

Gotta agree with the "fake it till you make it" strategy. I finally decided I had enough during my mid teens. Changed school so no one knew me. Change the way I dressed, pretended I was cool and confident. That was the most important thing. Make a physical visible change to mark the beginning of when you changed. It is the easiest way to keep it in mind. Even if it's as simple as swapping out part of your wardrobe and buying some clothes you've never dared to wear before. Or a haircut. Or makeup, or something.

Guess what, it worked. It was hard. But every time I wanted to retreat I told myself I was done with that, I was going to own being me. I was going to be confident and not apologise for who I am. Role models help. Pick someone or a few people you look up. Figure out what it is exactly about them you admire. Copy that behaviour. Just don't idolise them as something far off. See how you yourself could be more like that and do it, pretend at first if you need to. Over the course of a few years it became natural. I'm still introverted. But I also know my worth. I'm at peace with the fact that I'm naturally more quiet and introverted, that's not necessarily lack of confidence, I just don't feel the need to be a chatterbox with every random person. There's a difference.

Good friends help. Ditch the friends and boyfriends who tear you down to make you feel better. The good friends and boyfriends are the ones who see the best in you and show you what's wonderful about you.

If there is something about yourself you really can't stand but can do something about e.g. weight or fitness, just get up and do something about it. Find some friends to join you in getting fit. Takes willpower but it's not impossible. And if it's something you can't do anything about, then look for a way to see past it. Gurantee it's not as bad as you think it is. Someone will find it charming or quirky instead of awful.
Hanni108

Return to Other topic