Acne

Teen health

Acne

Postby Cheycat » Sat May 08, 2021 5:09 am

Help what do I do my acne is so bad and getting worse by the day. I do skincare but can’t afford anything expensive. Any ideas to try?
Cheycat

Re: Acne

Postby Radio_Girl » Sat May 08, 2021 5:19 pm

In my experience (and trust me, I've had quite the experience), you need a daily, morning and night routine.

Morning:

- Cleansing your skin should be the first step in the morning. It should dissolve dirt and excess oil, while allowing your skin to heal. Three ingredients you should look for in a cleanser are ceramides (lipids that make up to 50% of the skin composition to form the natural skin barrier), hyaluronic acid (helps to maintain your skin’s moisture levels), and niacinamide (soothe the skin and has been shown to have antioxidant advantages as well).

- Moisturizer with SPF should be next and should include those same essential ingredients as the cleanser. Sunscreen is necessary for any skin type and you should find one that's non-comedogenic, so it won't clog your pores.

Night:

- Use the same cleanser you do in the morning for consistency.

- Although not everyone finds retinol (promotes your skin's natural exfoliation process and encourages the shedding of dead skin cells, which can help refine your skin’s surface) beneficial, if you have acne scares or dark spots, you may want one. As I said before, you'll want to look for one with those three essential ceramides for the best results.

- Lastly, you want to moisturize, again. Find a non-commedogenic moisturizer with ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide.

I'm sure you've heard, consistancy is key and make sure you're using products designed for each time of day. Good luck!
Radio_Girl

Postby Cheycat » Sat May 08, 2021 5:36 pm

I already do.
Cheycat

Postby Cheycat » Sat May 08, 2021 5:39 pm

And I can’t afford anything more that what I have. I can only afford like 20$ Max for my hole skincare routine. So I don’t have the greatest stuff but I have a routine.
Cheycat

Postby Radio_Girl » Sat May 08, 2021 5:45 pm

Hm, I'm not really sure what else to tell you... Here's the products I use if you wanna take inspiration from it. I'm not positive, but I pretty sure this is would cost about $20. Good luck!

Morning:
- Wash face with "CeraVe Acne Foaming Cream Cleanser" (includes 3 ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide)
- Use witch hazel as a toner (tones pores, removes and balances oils, and helps debuff
- Moisturize with "CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion with Sunscreen" (super light and includes 15 SPF)

Evening:
- Wash face with "CeraVe Acne Foaming Cream Cleanser"
- Use witch hazel as a toner
- Use "CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Serum" (includes licorice root extract)
- Moisturize with "CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion" (very lightweight and oil free)
Radio_Girl

Postby Cheycat » Sat May 08, 2021 5:51 pm

My skin hates cerave (how ever you spell it)
I have tried to use a lot of there products but when I use them it hurts, like my skin burns and turns red.
Cheycat

Postby Radio_Girl » Sat May 08, 2021 5:55 pm

Have you ever tried doing your own research? :| There's hundreds of good websites, YouTube videos, and ratings online that can help you find your own routine.
Radio_Girl

Postby Cheycat » Sat May 08, 2021 5:56 pm

Yes I have tried all the stuff I can afford. Non of it works. I want to try curoligy but it is to expensive.
Cheycat

Postby Radio_Girl » Sat May 08, 2021 6:01 pm

Then, I'm afraid I can't help you out. If you've supposedly used every product out there (that you can afford) and tried every piece of advice I've given, you may just have to be patient and wait till you're older and your hormones start to calm down :|
Radio_Girl

Postby Selenelion » Sat May 08, 2021 6:02 pm

I use acnefree, their stuff works and it all comes in a kit.
Selenelion

Next

Return to Teen Health