anxiety?

Teen health

anxiety?

Postby Nessa14 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:30 pm

hi, i didnt go to irl school from Nov 2020 untill this monday. i had online classes but people couldnt see me and i couldnt see them. teachers almost never wanted me to speak in online classes because at school i was one of the good students, they wanted to practise with the people who werent paying much attention at school, etc. so i was just writing and listening to teachers for 6 months. thats the school part. i also didnt go anywhere in public. i went for walks with my family but only on a field near our house. i didnt meet my friend because of first the lockdown and then quarantine. my friend met other people who then had covid so we decided not to meet in person. we only texted eachother and sometimes we facetimed. in those six months i didnt meet anyone, i was in person only with my 5 family members. this monday i went to school irl for the first time since the beginning of november, the night before i was nervous and stressed and i couldnt sleep and i cried. monday morning i was feeling scared, i couldnt eat breakfast and i couldnt stop walking around the house. my heartbeat usually is around 80bpm, now it was 90 to 150 the whole day. i did no sports, i was just sitting at school. i was scared to go there because i talk to one person in all my classes, nobody else. my hands were shaking and no matter how much water i drank my mouth was dry. i didnt want to talk because my voice would sound like if someone was choking me. i was sweating a lot, like a lot and my lungs felt squeezed. all of these things happened today too. i dont know what do do. i think i might have social anxiety. what do you think? thanks
Nessa14

Location: "don't you let it kill you, even when it hurts like hell"

Re: anxiety?

Postby Beardog » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:35 pm

It certainly sounds like social anxiety to me. Have you mentioned this to your parents at all? You might want to consider talking to a therapist to help manage episodes and learn ways to help decrease them when they do happen.
Beardog

Postby Nessa14 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:53 pm

they only know i was nervous and stressed. also they know about the heart rate. thank you very much!
Nessa14

Postby Leonalynx » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:55 pm

It does sound like you have social anxiety-
Maybe speak to a therapist?! We have councillors and therapists in our school but I don’t know if you do. Or you could try just taking deep breaths and counting to 6 or having something to fiddle with or do? I hope this helps x
Leonalynx

Postby Nessa14 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:14 pm

i will go to a therapist probably this or next week. im already scared
Last edited by Nessa14 on Tue May 04, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nessa14

Postby Nessa14 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:16 am

im going today☠☠☠
Nessa14

Postby beautiful_bi_queen » Mon May 03, 2021 9:18 am

they’re there to help you! they don’t have any intentions on hurting you!
Last edited by beautiful_bi_queen on Tue May 04, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beautiful_bi_queen

Location: “past is the past anyways, we cant change it. we can only strive to be better in the future.”-Cookie

Postby Machsky_yt » Tue May 04, 2021 7:34 pm

Really
Machsky_yt

Postby Ange Démoniaque » Tue May 04, 2021 7:34 pm

Are you guys kidding? Leave the poor girl alone.
Ange Démoniaque

Postby beautiful_bi_queen » Tue May 04, 2021 7:35 pm

what, Mach?
beautiful_bi_queen

Location: “past is the past anyways, we cant change it. we can only strive to be better in the future.”-Cookie

Next

Return to Teen Health