Is this Normal?..

Teen health

Is this Normal?..

Postby XxDancerChloexX » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:10 am

Okay so, I’ve been having the same dream or nightmare you could say.. for 5 nights in a row now. All of them including at least one of my family members dieing,then me short after.

1st night: My Mom
2nd: my Papa
3rd: Both my grandmas
4th: my Father
5th: my little cousin ( 4 y/o )

I really don’t know what it is. It’s bothering me.

Every time, I wake up crying and wondering if they are actually alive because of how deep the dream/nightmare goes.. I could like.. write a book about one dream.

Please give advice.
XxDancerChloexX

Re: Is this Normal?..

Postby beautiful_bi_queen » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:20 am

that doesn’t sound normal...

have you been thinking how they’ll die, or when they’ll die, or anything to do with them dying lately?
beautiful_bi_queen

Location: “past is the past anyways, we cant change it. we can only strive to be better in the future.”-Cookie

Postby XxDancerChloexX » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:21 am

Nope..
XxDancerChloexX

Postby beautiful_bi_queen » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:23 am

hmm. this may be your subcouncious trying to tell you something.
beautiful_bi_queen

Location: “past is the past anyways, we cant change it. we can only strive to be better in the future.”-Cookie

Postby XxDancerChloexX » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:24 am

What would it want to tell me though? And why now?
XxDancerChloexX

Postby beautiful_bi_queen » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:26 am

i looked it up. it says like how they may leave you soon in different ways. maybe it could be death, or them leaving, or even relationship wise.
beautiful_bi_queen

Postby beautiful_bi_queen » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:27 am

i wouldn’t read too much in it though. i’ve had dreams being chased by a hamburger.
beautiful_bi_queen

Postby XxDancerChloexX » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:30 am

Oh.. now I wanna protect them.. from what ever. I can have My little cousin, go.. she already lives far enough away..

And my parents..
And my Grandmas..

I don’t like this feeling.

It’s kinda hard no to when I’m a 1000% worrier and filled with anxiety.
XxDancerChloexX

Postby beautiful_bi_queen » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:31 am

i get that. i’ve had dreams like that before. i have nightmares every night.

you just got to distract yourself. like dancing, or the forum, or texting some friends.
beautiful_bi_queen

Postby Beardog » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:46 am

According to my psychologist friend, death in dreams isn't usually a big concern surprisingly. It's often linked to something big that happened in the dreamers life, for whatever reason your brain transfers that into death since that's also a big event.

It could also mean that maybe one of your loved ones (not necessarily one in the dream, could be literally anyone you care about) had something big happen to them and your brain is converting that into someone else dying.

For example say your sister just had a baby, that's great news! But for whatever reason you might then dream about your grandfather dying. The brain does weird things to make sense of things that happened.

The way dreams occur isn't a prediction or a dream of future events, it's just your brain relaying previous information into a way that makes sense, but often doesn't make sense at all.

So basically, try not to worry about it if you can, your brain is just doing mental gymnastics.
Beardog

Next

Return to Teen Health