autism, maybe or just ocd?.

Teen health

Re: autism, maybe or just ocd?.

Postby Vekava » Thu May 06, 2021 12:56 pm

Only a professional can diagnose you.
Vekava

Postby Selenelion » Thu May 06, 2021 2:36 pm

I know I was just thinking what other people thought.
Selenelion

Postby Softball_girll » Thu May 06, 2021 6:12 pm

Selenelion wrote:So I think I (could) be autistic. I have OCD so quite a bit of overlap is there, but I know autism isn't detected in girls as much and that a lot of people have both ocd and autism. I doubt I do, but I can't help but wonder a bit. I stim a lot and have sensory issues, i cant handle loud noises, bright lights or anything. I don't cry or anything but I feel uncomfortable with all of these things will just feel wrong. When I was younger I wouldn't wear a lot of clothes because of tags and refused to wear jeans. I have trouble with eye contact and social things but I do have social anxiety. I also do obsess over things/interests. But this could just be ocd/anxiety.

I don't want to tell my mom she'll flat out say no. And I have no idea if I was tested for it in the past or not. Are there any neurodivergent peeps here that could tell me if it sounds remotely possible? (I know I would need to be diagnosed and go through testing to actually confirm it).

I think you are bron with autism. My cousin was born with it and he has had it all his life he is 16. You have to get tested to know though.
Softball_girll

Postby Selenelion » Thu May 06, 2021 6:45 pm

Yes I know I have to be tested, thank you.
Selenelion

Postby Vekava » Fri May 07, 2021 9:05 am

Selenelion wrote:I know I was just thinking what other people thought.

I don't think you are, having in mind you already been seeing a therapist, they would probably diagnosed you already.
Vekava

Postby Selenelion » Fri May 07, 2021 3:02 pm

They didn't know a lot of my behaviors though. I didn't say a lot to my therapist about that. I was there because I was being "difficult". Every week I was just told that I need to clean my room. Or I was asked why I was so angry all the time. I didn't even recognize my behavior was like this until recently. No one told me what stimmimg was I was just told to stop doing them. With the sensory thing, my mom just gave up trying to force me to wear certain clothes.
Selenelion

Postby Vekava » Sat May 08, 2021 7:15 am

Selenelion wrote:They didn't know a lot of my behaviors though. I didn't say a lot to my therapist about that. I was there because I was being "difficult". Every week I was just told that I need to clean my room. Or I was asked why I was so angry all the time. I didn't even recognize my behavior was like this until recently. No one told me what stimmimg was I was just told to stop doing them. With the sensory thing, my mom just gave up trying to force me to wear certain clothes.

Are you seeing a therapist now? Maybe he/she could test you?
Vekava

Previous

Return to Teen Health