Self-harm

Teen health

Self-harm

Postby ØNamelessØ » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:13 pm

⚠️ THIS IS A TAD GRAPHIC AND MIGHT BE TRIGGERING TO SOME PEOPLE ⚠️

⚠️AGAIN, THIS POST MAY TRIGGER YOU⚠️

Every time I get in the bath or shower and start shaving it’s like there’s this voice in my head saying “what would happen if you slit your arm?” The voice is comforting and sounds trustworthy so I do what it says. The first time it was my left arm. Then my right shoulder. Then my stomach and 20 minutes ago it was my left arm again. Every time I do what the voice says I feel accomplished. Like I finally did something right. I feel happy knowing that I can follow instructions and I’m not a total screw up. So this time, I thought that maybe I’d feel even better if I did more than the voice said to, so I did it again and again. Now I have 3 cuts on my left arm, 2 on my stomach and 1 on my right shoulder.
I know that I should stop, but I can’t. It’s addictive. It’s like drugs are to a junkie or social media is to an influencer.
I don’t want help, because ‘help’ just makes me feel like somethings wrong with me. I just want be be able to share without being told that I need to talk to someone about it. I know that I’m a hypocrite. I’ve told many people on here that they need to talk to an adult or go to therapy
ØNamelessØ

Re: Self-harm

Postby Wood_Art » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:25 pm

Ok what u need to do is pray about it because that could just be the devil trying to kill your now what u need to do is to try to stop it may not be easy but you have to try your life is at stake.
Wood_Art

Postby ØNamelessØ » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:27 pm

Wood_Art wrote:Ok what u need to do is pray about it because that could just be the devil trying to kill your now what u need to do is to try to stop it may not be easy but you have to try your life is at stake.

Thank you for caring, but I’m not a Christian. I believe in Greek mythology, and I doubt Hades would try kill a puny human like me
ØNamelessØ

Postby Wood_Art » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:29 pm

Girl I get that you aren’t a Christian but that can cause serious harm to your body and mental health
Wood_Art

Postby Wood_Art » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:36 pm

Why do you want to do it to your body it may feel right but in the long run you will regret it sweetheart I’m just trying to help you whatever voice is telling you this you don’t need to listen to it no matter how much it feels right it’s not but I understand that you feel good doing it just try to say no when you hear that voice ok I love you and here for you ❤️
Wood_Art

Postby ØNamelessØ » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:39 pm

thanks.
ØNamelessØ

Postby Radio_Girl » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:25 pm

If it really comes down the fact you have a blade (razor) in your hand, you could try waxing to avoid those thoughts.
Radio_Girl

Postby theater_brat » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:31 pm

i’m so sorry, i used to do this with choking myself. remember that i care a lot about you. u mean a lot to me. i know that might sound worthless, but no matter what i care a great deal about you. i suggest using an electric shaver thing, i can’t remember what it’s called.
theater_brat

Postby ØNamelessØ » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:37 pm

theater_brat wrote:i’m so sorry, i used to do this with choking myself. remember that i care a lot about you. u mean a lot to me. i know that might sound worthless, but no matter what i care a great deal about you. i suggest using an electric shaver thing, i can’t remember what it’s called.

That doesn’t sound worthless- knowing that someone cares means a lot. I do have an electric one, but it makes loads of noise and loud noises honestly terrify me (idk why, I think it’s because I immediately imagine it’s a gunshot and someone’s about to die)
ØNamelessØ

Postby theater_brat » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:54 pm

ØNamelessØ wrote:
theater_brat wrote:i’m so sorry, i used to do this with choking myself. remember that i care a lot about you. u mean a lot to me. i know that might sound worthless, but no matter what i care a great deal about you. i suggest using an electric shaver thing, i can’t remember what it’s called.

That doesn’t sound worthless- knowing that someone cares means a lot. I do have an electric one, but it makes loads of noise and loud noises honestly terrify me (idk why, I think it’s because I immediately imagine it’s a gunshot and someone’s about to die)

❤️❤️❤️

and yeah i don’t like loud noises either. especially my phone ringing or an alarm going off. it makes my heart beat really really fast, but that’s a whole story for another day why that’s so
theater_brat

Next

Return to Teen Health