Convincing mom to let me diet.

Teen health

Convincing mom to let me diet.

Postby DepressedAvocado » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:37 am

So yeah for a month or two i have been exercising to reduce belly fat but instead of a slimmer waist, i built up muscles.

I don't really dislike them, but the motive of the workout seems to be lost somewhere.

And my mom won't let me diet, she says now isnt the time to feel conscious about my weight and that I should devote that time to studying, but ik that even if i skip one meal or just take smaller portions, my weight loss regime could be successful. She says i am beautiful as i am, but I donr feel comfortable in my own skin. am 5'3 and 45 kgs btw

Any tips on how to convince her to let me diet freely? Any quick execises I should follow? I don't eat junkfood or sugar anyways,only wheat, rice and veggetable and chicken.
DepressedAvocado

Re: Convincing mom to let me diet.

Postby Ever-ely » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:46 am

Cardio is the best and fastest way to burn fat. Jogging, hill walking, swimming, cycling. Anything that gets your heart pumping fast and you panting.
Why not just eat smaller portions? Surely she isn’t preparing every single thing you eat and spooning food onto your plate for you? Just serve yourself smaller amounts or leave some food on your plate and tell her you’re full. She can’t force feed you.
Ever-ely

Postby DepressedAvocado » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:05 am

i dont have enough time to go cycling and jogging. tho i might go for cycling when i am free.

she actually puts the food in my plate and i cant stop her. its terrible.

thank u for responding
DepressedAvocado

Postby Beardog » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:36 pm

I mean she literally can't force you to eat, she can't put it into your mouth, that's considered abuse unless you're an infant.

Just don't eat everything she gives you, say you're full and if she keeps giving you food then don't eat it? Say you'll put it in the fridge for later because you're full, just keep saying you're full and she should get the message you can't eat any more.

That being said though, 45kgs at 5'3" isn't that much weight and I don't believe you need to diet honestly. I know you don't feel comfortable in your body, but I'm not sure if dieting is the way to go since you can quickly become dangerously underweight. I do suggest doing more cardio and gaining more muscle verses trying to just become slimmer by not eating.
Beardog

Postby DepressedAvocado » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:29 pm

oh oh i may weigh more than 45 kg i havent been able to check it recently. ig muscles building is good? i do have a lot of protein in my diet.

ahh you dont understand indian moms, how much emotional blackmail they may do. but i will try to get her to put in smaller portions and just leave my food(tho that's wastage)

thanks for responding. and yeah i just have belly fat which is quite stubborn but i will keep pushing through hehe
DepressedAvocado

Postby Beardog » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:54 pm

Depending on the account of belly fat it might not actually be fat? You do have a large number of organs and skin in your stomach region that could make it look like fat, but it's not!

Plus, if you build muscle then that in turn helps you burn excess calories. So building muscle can help you mantain, and ultimately lose fat, without actually losing helpful weight.
Beardog

Return to Teen Health