Pregnant and wonder should I go back home

Marriage Relationship

Pregnant and wonder should I go back home

Postby Hippko » Tue May 11, 2021 2:29 pm

So I just found out recently that I’m pregnant. I’m in shock but my boyfriend is super excited about it (because he always wanted to be a dad and have a family with me). The most worrying thing is that I’m still in uni and I’m about to graduate in Dec 2022. And I’m way far from home. I feel like I wanted to to back home so that my family could take care of me and my boyfriend agreed. But it’s Covid and my home country is like a super high risk country that every country will literally stop you from entering it. But my family is all there and I’ve told them about my pregnancy and I can heard that they wanted me to hard home too. But the problem is that will it be too dangerous for me to go back?? I really don’t know what to do next.
Hippko

Re: Pregnant and wonder should I go back home

Postby Kamalama » Thu May 13, 2021 8:37 pm

Nobody can give you the answers to that on here..if you can't go home, you can't go home...just need to wait until it's safe to travel then go. Sure if you're boyfriend cares enough he'll help look after you so you're not alone.
Kamalama

Re: Pregnant and wonder should I go back home

Postby Hanni108 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:50 am

It's probably not a good idea to go home if you are very high risk to get sick from Covid, even if you are somehow able to enter the country. For health reasons I know I personally would not risk it.

Can you and your boyfriend manage together? You should still be able to study even while pregnant. Perhaps you might take a semester break or something as you get close to the time. Especially these days more and more universities have remote learning options. Is that a possibility for your uni? I think it's important to look into your options at uni before deciding.

Your family can still support you remotely. Your boyfriend sounds keen and responsible.

That said it's a decision only you can make. Why are you so keen to go home? Is it because of the emotional support? Do you have worries about your boyfriend being able to give you the emotional, financial, or physical support you'll need? Can you afford to be pregnant and have a child in a country away from home - is this financial concern? What about your boyfriend's family - are they local? Can they assist?..
Hanni108

Return to Marriage Relationship