Husband does not like my family

Marriage Relationship

Husband does not like my family

Postby Smiles2happiness » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:01 pm

So, we are married for 6 years now (no kids). My husband doesn’t seem to like any of my family members. Whenever he meets them or talks to them he has a very serious and stern face which is very obvious that he doesn’t like talking to them. We are both living in Canada and our parents and family are all in India. His family calls us everyday and he expects me to talk to them every single day. On the weekends he expects me to have a conversation with them for hours. Whereas my family talks to him only a couple of times a week for about 5-10mins and he keeps a very serious face while talking and hardly talks anything. They speak to him in a very friendly and respectful way. I feel really hurt when he does that. He is very loving and caring husband otherwise. Takes responsibility of household chores, etc. I tried to talk to him about this many a times but his behaviour doesn’t change. Obviously my family notices this and are feel hurt too.
Please advise. What should I do?
Smiles2happiness

Re: Husband does not like my family

Postby Bilqees » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:07 pm

Hello sweety.

Aww man. I think talk to him as you said he normally very good. Maybe because he spend as much time with them as with his family. Tell him how you feel about him not opening up to you family.
Communication and effort. My husband was the same at the beginning but he eventually got over it...
Maybe he feels that he has to be and act a certain way infront of them to be taken seriously...
I wish you all the best honey
Bilqees

Postby Smiles2happiness » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:40 pm

Hello,
Thank you very much for replying. You are right I think he feels that he should act in a certain way for people to not take him for granted. But it’s so weird coz my family never disrespected him in anyways. They all love him and they constantly try to work on their relationship with him. How can he not see that? It really hurts me. I tried to talk to him multiple times but it doesn’t change anything and that’s so depressing.
Smiles2happiness

Postby Bilqees » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:19 am

Smilestohappiness.
Wih marruliage there is never just a black or white, it is so tricky at times being from different families. But you take the best of your family life and he does with his and combine it...and figure out what works best for your new family together...
Goes both ways.
Communication and understanding.
Ive found that women are always trying to figure things out where men are more laxed.
But if we like keep at them too much with something they tend to get aggressive and pull away.
So just remind him at times but not too much where he feels your nagging him. Now and then
I wish you all the best
Bilqees

Return to Marriage Relationship