HELP! 9 DAYS LATE!! Missed period?

Menstrual health

HELP! 9 DAYS LATE!! Missed period?

Postby AlexanDia » Tue May 04, 2021 10:40 am

Hey! So since my last question, not much has changed. My period was supposed to come 9 days ago and I usually have a very regular menstrual cycle, 27-31 days at most. I don’t think I have ever been this late before and it’s weird. I had intercourses this month but with condom and I also had 2 pregnancy tests done in these 9 days (one of them today) and all are negative. I have sore breasts and acne break out, some very mild cramps and lower back aches. My cervix is somewhat at the middle (idk, it seems to move around during the day so it’s hard to tell sometimes) and I feel it open.
I have had a somewhat chaotic diet with lots of acid sodas and fast foods (more than my usual) and little to no exercise. Also in a month I am supposed to be taking a very serious exam.
Any advice, or has someone experienced this? I am really worried and I am not sure whether it’s normal to miss a period
AlexanDia

Re: HELP! 9 DAYS LATE!! Missed period?

Postby Beardog » Tue May 04, 2021 3:45 pm

Sounds like you've been under quite a bit of stress with this exam and diet change!

Our menstrual cycle are surprisingly easy to mess up, especially with stress and sudden diet changes. If you don't believe it's pregnancy, then it's likely all the stress you've put on your body this past month making things wacky.
Beardog

Postby London97 » Tue May 04, 2021 7:21 pm

I just posted the exact same thing on here because I was worried. For me it’s been 4-5 days late and I had big exams last month after that we went to party for 3 days and I had lots if junk food and alcohol. i also have sore breast and bad skin and even cramps but no blood... I am not pregnant I am sure since I haven’t had s*x. It’s so weird because my periods are always regular and on time !!
London97

Postby AlexanDia » Wed May 05, 2021 12:36 am

Beardog wrote:Sounds like you've been under quite a bit of stress with this exam and diet change!

Our menstrual cycle are surprisingly easy to mess up, especially with stress and sudden diet changes. If you don't believe it's pregnancy, then it's likely all the stress you've put on your body this past month making things wacky.

Thank you for taking your time to reply. Is it normal tho if AF doesn’t come at all this month?
AlexanDia

Postby Beardog » Wed May 05, 2021 3:59 am

It's pretty common yeah, it could be really late or not come at all.

If pregnancy isn't a possibility then I wouldn't stress too much about it. Of course if you're really worried about it, you can always talk to your doctor to be sure.
Beardog

Postby AlexanDia » Sun May 09, 2021 4:19 pm

Beardog wrote:It's pretty common yeah, it could be really late or not come at all.

If pregnancy isn't a possibility then I wouldn't stress too much about it. Of course if you're really worried about it, you can always talk to your doctor to be sure.

Okay please help me a little now too. My period came today (my previous cycle was 43 days long) and it is VERY light and brownish, but it’s the first day I guess and I am not sure whether that is a sign of something to worry about (like pregnancy). My last sexual encounter was on the 12th of April so I guess there is no chance of implantation bleeding and the two tests I took were negative
AlexanDia

Return to Menstrual health