41 Weeks!!

Now I am pregnant!

Re: 41 Weeks!!

Postby Nitabells » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:28 am

Prudiee wrote:
Nitabells wrote:What worked for me was virgin Olive Oil. A friend told me her mum drank some and was in labour the next day with her sister.
I tried it when I went over 40weeks with my first child and the next day I was in labour and I had her that night.
Obviously different things works for different people, but it's just a suggestion.
I pray all goes well for you and you can finally have your lil one in your arms.

I'll definitely try this one too. But much should I consume in order for labor to be active? Or should I rather use as recommended in the package?

I just had about a quarter of a cup. Just drink like it's water. I had it on the 3rd of December evening. The next morning I was spotting and went to the hospital, they said I was in early labour but still very early and so had to go back home. On my way out of the hospital, contractions started, still went home and it got heavier as the hours went by, I returned to the hospital that evening when I think I was about 3cm dilated, I had my daughter about 3hours after that.
The good thing about olive oil is, it's natural and healthy for you and the baby so it won't do any harm.
Nitabells

Postby Prudiee » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:57 pm

So I was at my nearest store 'clicks' and I only found olive oil not 'virgin olive oil' does it matter if I buy olive oil or it must be strictly 'virgin olive oil' ?
Prudiee

Postby Allie88 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:28 pm

Olive oil is olive oil - one is slightly more pure than the other. Virgin is usually for cold pressed higher quality is all.
Allie88

Postby Prudiee » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:36 pm

Allie88 wrote:Olive oil is olive oil - one is slightly more pure than the other. Virgin is usually for cold pressed higher quality is all.

Thank u. Note taken.
Prudiee

Postby Prudiee » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:39 pm

Nitabells wrote:
Prudiee wrote:
Nitabells wrote:What worked for me was virgin Olive Oil. A friend told me her mum drank some and was in labour the next day with her sister.
I tried it when I went over 40weeks with my first child and the next day I was in labour and I had her that night.
Obviously different things works for different people, but it's just a suggestion.
I pray all goes well for you and you can finally have your lil one in your arms.

I'll definitely try this one too. But much should I consume in order for labor to be active? Or should I rather use as recommended in the package?

I just had about a quarter of a cup. Just drink like it's water. I had it on the 3rd of December evening. The next morning I was spotting and went to the hospital, they said I was in early labour but still very early and so had to go back home. On my way out of the hospital, contractions started, still went home and it got heavier as the hours went by, I returned to the hospital that evening when I think I was about 3cm dilated, I had my daughter about 3hours after that.
The good thing about olive oil is, it's natural and healthy for you and the baby so it won't do any harm.

Please let me know which one you used specifically? Pretty please- just normal olive oil or the virgin olive oil?
Prudiee

Postby Nitabells » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:13 pm

Please let me know which one you used specifically? Pretty please- just normal olive oil or the virgin olive oil?[/quote]

Hey hun, did you check groceries stores? They should sell virgin olive oil. If you can't find any, just get normal olive oil.
Fingers crossed this method works for you 🤞
Nitabells

Postby Prudiee » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:01 pm

Nitabells wrote:Please let me know which one you used specifically? Pretty please- just normal olive oil or the virgin olive oil?

Hey hun, did you check groceries stores? They should sell virgin olive oil. If you can't find any, just get normal olive oil.
Fingers crossed this method works for you 🤞[/quote]

Hey. I will definitely check tomorrow tomorrow. If I cant will ask hubby to check. Thanks a lot
Prudiee

Postby Prudiee » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:37 pm

Hi ladies. So yesterday around 7pm I've been having these cramps on my back rounding to the front. They come and go. They sometimes happen at regular intervals and sometimes irregular. Slept last night very late though as the pain was escalating. Woke up around 6am today and pains still there. The whole day today I am in pain and mostly my back. They started getting more intense around 7pm again today. I lay down and still doesn't go away.

Phoned my doctor and he said sounds like I might be in labour pains. He said I should keep on monitoring the pains. If they get worsening then head to hospital otherwise for now I should try and relax because I will spend more days at the hospital.

Is it really possible to go for days into labor? I really thought by today, this time I'll be at the hospital and maybe holding my little one but only constant pains and nausea and loss of food appetite. I had to stop with the virgin olive oil nd the fenugreek tea. Can labor take this long?
Prudiee

Postby Nitabells » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:19 pm

Unfortunately labor is different for everyone and yes some woman have labored for days. Just stay calm and get ready because it could happen anytime. Do try and eat something cos you'll need all the energy you can get for delivery. Yes I agree, stop using the oil and tea. Hopefully you'll be ready for hospital by tomorrow. Praying for you, hope all goes well 🙏🏼
Nitabells

Previous

Return to I'm pregnant!