April TTC Support

Try to conceive, I really want a baby!

Re: April TTC Support

Postby Sweera99 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:43 pm

Tamecia wrote:15 days late and af shows up today.....

💔💔 be strong for the next month
Sweera99

Postby DFuhr87 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:17 pm

Hey Sonya, what i meant by cycle monitoring is that they should be doing bloodwork/pelvic/transvaginal ultrasounds to see when you are ovulating for the best chance at IUI. I would never just want a clinic to be like "ok your 14 days in let's inject the sperm" because what if you ovulate late or early? Keep us updated on the procedure. I would love to know what to expect as it seems drs around here tell you nothing.
DFuhr87

Postby Sonya123 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:35 pm

DFuhr87 wrote:Hey Sonya, what i meant by cycle monitoring is that they should be doing bloodwork/pelvic/transvaginal ultrasounds to see when you are ovulating for the best chance at IUI. I would never just want a clinic to be like "ok your 14 days in let's inject the sperm" because what if you ovulate late or early? Keep us updated on the procedure. I would love to know what to expect as it seems drs around here tell you nothing.

In my case I have told them that I am pretty much regular..I contacted them on CD1 and they have asked me to take opk from cd10.. The day I get my peak I have to call them and report it before 9am and they are going to schedule my IUI. They will ask my husband to come 2 hrs before to give his sample and after that Iui is done.. In my case my gynac has already submitted all my test results to them including hsg blood work pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound so it seems they are not worried about me. But when I checked fb group for couples conceiving through MFI, many of them suggested to go to IVF directly and not wasting time and money on IUi in case of MFI which I am really worried about..
Sonya123

Postby DFuhr87 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:03 am

Sonya123 wrote:
DFuhr87 wrote:Hey Sonya, what i meant by cycle monitoring is that they should be doing bloodwork/pelvic/transvaginal ultrasounds to see when you are ovulating for the best chance at IUI. I would never just want a clinic to be like "ok your 14 days in let's inject the sperm" because what if you ovulate late or early? Keep us updated on the procedure. I would love to know what to expect as it seems drs around here tell you nothing.

In my case I have told them that I am pretty much regular..I contacted them on CD1 and they have asked me to take opk from cd10.. The day I get my peak I have to call them and report it before 9am and they are going to schedule my IUI. They will ask my husband to come 2 hrs before to give his sample and after that Iui is done.. In my case my gynac has already submitted all my test results to them including hsg blood work pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound so it seems they are not worried about me. But when I checked fb group for couples conceiving through MFI, many of them suggested to go to IVF directly and not wasting time and money on IUi in case of MFI which I am really worried about..

I guess every country does it different! I'm pretty regular too (usually ovulate between CD 15 and 16) but I bet my cycle would screw me over once I started IUI, either by ovulating earlier or late. Best of luck!
DFuhr87

Postby Sonya123 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:52 am

DFuhr87 wrote:
Sonya123 wrote:

I guess every country does it different! I'm pretty regular too (usually ovulate between CD 15 and 16) but I bet my cycle would screw me over once I started IUI, either by ovulating earlier or late. Best of luck!

Even if we ovulate early they can do IUI on that day right? Can you tell me what they are doing in ypur case so next time I will make sure to ask all the necessary questions..
Sonya123

Postby DFuhr87 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:20 am

They should as long as you catch it on an opk! I would ask for a pelvic ultrasound just to see if the egg is ready to rupture though if they can do it.

I'm still at the diagnostic testing stage, but I believe my clinic uses cycle monitoring with IUI or IVF treatments. Which means they do scans/bloodwork on CD3, 10, 12, 14 etc until you ovulate so they can make sure you are set to ovulate before injecting the semen. And then after that, 21 day bloods to make sure the egg did rupture.
DFuhr87

Postby Sonya123 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:52 am

DFuhr87 wrote:They should as long as you catch it on an opk! I would ask for a pelvic ultrasound just to see if the egg is ready to rupture though if they can do it.

I'm still at the diagnostic testing stage, but I believe my clinic uses cycle monitoring with IUI or IVF treatments. Which means they do scans/bloodwork on CD3, 10, 12, 14 etc until you ovulate so they can make sure you are set to ovulate before injecting the semen. And then after that, 21 day bloods to make sure the egg did rupture.

Oh thats great.. My clinic has all this only for IVF. Thanks for telling me.. I will make sure to ask these questions after first IUI.. Keeping my fingers crossed that we dont need more than 1 IUI..🤞🤞🤞
Sonya123

Postby KE20 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:32 pm

Joining you guys. After just having a chemical pregnancy 😩 here's to another month ttc!
Good luck to you all 💞
KE20

Postby Sonya123 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:00 pm

I am feeling more stressed and anxious this cycle. Having a feeling since last few days that nothing is going to work for me.. I just want to go somewhere alone and dont feel like talking to anyone as one or the other thing reminds me not able to conceive.. I was not like this but looking at childrens at store just brings out a lot of pain.. I thought I am very strong but I am not.. Sometimes I have a feeling why god cannot see our pain and suffering..
Sonya123

Postby Teisha88 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:50 pm

Hey KE20, I'm sorry that you went through that but also, it's kind of a good sign that you shouldn't take too long conceiving again. I hope you're blessed with your miracle baby soon xXx
Teisha88

PreviousNext

Return to TTC(Try to conceive)