Mental health: suicidal thoughts?

Teen health

Re: Mental health: suicidal thoughts?

Postby Lii_Ann » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:52 pm

I think yh, you should speak to your mom so as to get help. She must care about you to fuss over you getting hurt.
I also think if we have such thoughts of not caring whether we live or die, let’s remind ourselves to choose living deliberately. I’ve been there before and got help. You’ll realise you are too important to let yourself go😎.
Lii_Ann

Postby jeniffer17 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:01 am

Imnotgonnaputmyname wrote:Earlier my mum came into my room and told me that if I keep this many things plugged into my extension then I’ll set on fire and die. You know what my first though was? “So? I really don’t care anymore, I honestly wouldn’t mind dying.” I’ve had a lot of thoughts like that recently. “Don’t hand out the window, you’ll fall” “don’t put your hand in the oven, it’ll hurt” but honestly, I don’t care. It’s not that I want to die, I just don’t want to live. Would these count as suicidal thoughts? I don’t mind dying, I don’t mind living, at the moment I’m just kind of existing.

I am kind of facing the same problem I’m just existing but I don’t want to tell my parents cuz few things I am depressed about r related to them...
jeniffer17

Postby Imnotgonnaputmyname » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:06 am

jeniffer17 wrote:
Imnotgonnaputmyname wrote:Earlier my mum came into my room and told me that if I keep this many things plugged into my extension then I’ll set on fire and die. You know what my first though was? “So? I really don’t care anymore, I honestly wouldn’t mind dying.” I’ve had a lot of thoughts like that recently. “Don’t hand out the window, you’ll fall” “don’t put your hand in the oven, it’ll hurt” but honestly, I don’t care. It’s not that I want to die, I just don’t want to live. Would these count as suicidal thoughts? I don’t mind dying, I don’t mind living, at the moment I’m just kind of existing.

I am kind of facing the same problem I’m just existing but I don’t want to tell my parents cuz few things I am depressed about r related to them...

Yeah, it’s a tough situation. My mums part of the reason that I feel like this and if I told her that I’d ruin our relationship and hurt her.
Imnotgonnaputmyname

Postby Lou3 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:13 am

U ARE BEAUTIFUL AND VALID
Lou3

Postby Srahjazz96 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:23 am

I also feel the same way like i'm loosing alot of my friends and i remember i used to play outside everyday but my mom makes videos for facebook and youtube and i'm always inside helping her edit and post videos and it's so stressful and anytime i tell her i don't want to do it she gets angry and says i'm ungrateful and rude and i used to never cry unless when i was younger and she used to hit me but now i always cry because i want my old life back where i had all my friends and i would play outside all day like i feel that my life has been taken away from me and sometimes i wish i was never born
and she always complains that she always takes care of me and feeds me and that I should be helping but does she think that if i had a choice i'd want to be her daughter
But at the end of the day she is my mom and i still love her because sometimes she does stuff that makes me smile but i wish she wasn't the way she was
Srahjazz96

Postby Imnotgonnaputmyname » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:11 am

That’s so true, we don’t get to choose our parents. We don’t get to choose whether or not to be born. My mum always uses the saying “I brought you into this world I can’t take you out.” Yeah, she brought me into this world and she should be on her hands and knees apologising for making me live. I would beg to be taken out of it, but then she’d just send me to a mental health hospital.
I’ve never really been good at making friends. My social skills are really bad because I didn’t interact with others my age until I was like 6. My mum wouldn’t even let me play out in our own garden until I was 8 because it was “dangerous” even though we lived on a street of fkn old people. When I was 12 I wasn’t even allowed out on the street out house was on. Now I’m 13, we have moved and I have no idea what the estate is like because I’ve never been out and looked. Then she asks me if I have any friends. No, no I don’t because I’m constantly isolated from everyone and everything. I’m getting tired of it. I just want to go on a walk alone for a bit. I asked her if I could a few days ago and she said “why, who are you meeting? Why would u want to go alone?” It gets really stressful because I never have time to myself. I can’t do anything alone. I’m totally dependent on everyone around me and it’s because she never lets me do anything for myself. I don’t have a sense of individuality. She picks all my clothes. She chooses how I decorate my room. The only thing I actually do have for myself is my music, but when I do try play I get told to shut up
Imnotgonnaputmyname

Postby Srahjazz96 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:23 am

Imnotgonnaputmyname wrote:That’s so true, we don’t get to choose our parents. We don’t get to choose whether or not to be born. My mum always uses the saying “I brought you into this world I can’t take you out.” Yeah, she brought me into this world and she should be on her hands and knees apologising for making me live. I would beg to be taken out of it, but then she’d just send me to a mental health hospital.
I’ve never really been good at making friends. My social skills are really bad because I didn’t interact with others my age until I was like 6. My mum wouldn’t even let me play out in our own garden until I was 8 because it was “dangerous” even though we lived on a street of fkn old people. When I was 12 I wasn’t even allowed out on the street out house was on. Now I’m 13, we have moved and I have no idea what the estate is like because I’ve never been out and looked. Then she asks me if I have any friends. No, no I don’t because I’m constantly isolated from everyone and everything. I’m getting tired of it. I just want to go on a walk alone for a bit. I asked her if I could a few days ago and she said “why, who are you meeting? Why would u want to go alone?” It gets really stressful because I never have time to myself. I can’t do anything alone. I’m totally dependent on everyone around me and it’s because she never lets me do anything for myself. I don’t have a sense of individuality. She picks all my clothes. She chooses how I decorate my room. The only thing I actually do have for myself is my music, but when I do try play I get told to shut up

this is so relatable like in my old estate it was so posh and nothing bad happened and my mom would never let me play outside and on the rare occasion when i got to play outside i had no friends and literally no one liked me i had one good friend and then she moved houses and the when I moved house i started playing outside with the other kids and it was so fun and then i stopped playing outside because of school and they would never ask of me and now I'm not friends with them anymore and all i do is stay inside nd i hate it
also can we be friends
Srahjazz96

Postby Imnotgonnaputmyname » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:29 am

Sure, we can be friends but my conversational skills are really bad
Imnotgonnaputmyname

Postby Srahjazz96 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:32 am

so are mine like anytime i'm with my friends and they have nother friend their i never know what to say or how to act
i'm really bad at making friend sbut online its easy
Srahjazz96

Postby Srahjazz96 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:33 am

and i'm also bad at spelling and i'm on my computer so it doesn't auto correct
Srahjazz96

PreviousNext

Return to Teen Health